Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.220 Swift Opinions???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

that is a lovely rifle man..3 nice foxs too..youve her well kitted out..like the picture;) where you from? u far from leitrim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

4200fps wrote: »
    that is a lovely rifle man..3 nice foxs too..youve her well kitted out..like the picture;) where you from? u far from leitrim?

The Gards would not ask me that

I have on occasion drank porter in Leitrim, never Hunted there.

Where am I from, well I live out of a suitcase as my friends can testify too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

good enough for fox shooting here but useless for rabbits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

good enough for fox shooting here but useless for rabbits

Where I am from, we can't pronounce our T-H's
    ;)

Full of Animals to hunt though.

Anyway, off to bed.
    Work tomorrow early start.

I have a couple of mates coming up from the deep south to see me, might do a bit of lamping with my .223 Tomorrow night after work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

A guy i work with use'd to use the cases again on swift for years and he claims they are much more powerful as all rounds are just 80% filled by manufacure but hey now has a 308 and hes doing the same..any round you refill if you know what your at is powerfuller

I have been reloading at least twelve calibres since the late 1960's and I've NEVER tried to beat the manufacturers' figures. If the ammunition manufacturer uses a load that fills the case to 80%, with a recommended propellant, then that is done for good reason - NOT for economy, but for safety. In some propellants, a variation of five gr, let alone 20% of the usual load and safe load, can make the difference between an accurate and effective load and a fatal load.

For the shooter.

Just sayin'.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

tac foley wrote: »
    As the subject is taboo on this forum
    The subject itself isn't taboo on this forum. However, the legal status of reloading in the ROI is in flux until the new Explosives Act settles everything, and that complicates things slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Sparks wrote: »
    The subject itself isn't taboo on this forum. However, the legal status of reloading in the ROI is in flux until the new Explosives Act settles everything, and that complicates things slightly.

Thanks for the reminder.

tac

Advertisement