Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Broadband Confusion

• 28-05-2011 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭

I rang Digiweb yesterday (re-directed by Smart website) as I had enough of Vodafone after yet another outage and I ordered the 24MB package/bundle for €69.95. I was told that my line would only go to 15MB but that's fine. I was originally attracted by the Smart Telecom link that promised no congestion and plenty of testimonials that expounded the virtues of no contention but further reading has led me to this link:

http://www.callcosts.ie/index.php?p=bb_itg&step=2&pl=3945&ck=98995f5c-0a17-4c8d-8209-edc15fe9f6e8&PHPSESSID=kcbib11mr1897c0e1iv28bm2h7

Have I been sold a pup? The digiweb site advertises an 8GB NGB package (congestion free) for €49.95. What am I paying an extra €20 for?

It's all so bloody confusing and I would be grateful for any advice. My wife works from home most days and I do occasionally too. This is our motivation for ditching Vodafone as we want reliability.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

are you sure you are being unbundled ??? what exchange are you on?
    one package could be BB and the other BB plus calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Panrich

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    are you sure you are being unbundled ??? what exchange are you on?
    one package could be BB and the other BB plus calls.

They are both with anytime calls but I will get on to them on Monday to see what I am really paying extra for. The 8MB package was not available on the Smart website.

Advertisement