Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping

• 28-05-2011 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Quite recently i spent a few hours waiting on a friend at Waterford Regional Hospital.During my time there we were standing in the sheltered smoking area opposite the disabled car parking area. A staff member was also there and drew our attention to what was happening.A car was being unclamped,a man in his late 70's early 80's and on a crutch or walking support aid had parked and not displayed his ticket or card that should be displayed in disables parking.Whatever his reason for being in the hospital was,it was sickening to see him have to pay up to have his car unclamped and try manage his walking support all because he forgot.Shame on the clamping company and the guy who unclamped it should be able to make decision when he seen the old infirm man was genuine.What is this country coming to,easy targets???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Quite recently i spent a few hours waiting on a friend at Waterford Regional Hospital.During my time there we were standing in the sheltered smoking area opposite the disabled car parking area. A staff member was also there and drew our attention to what was happening.A car was being unclamped,a man in his late 70's early 80's and on a crutch or walking support aid had parked and not displayed his ticket or card that should be displayed in disables parking.Whatever his reason for being in the hospital was,it was sickening to see him have to pay up to have his car unclamped and try manage his walking support all because he forgot.Shame on the clamping company and the guy who unclamped it should be able to make decision when he seen the old infirm man was genuine.What is this country coming to,easy targets???

Did you actually see him pay to be unclamped, or was it a case that the clampers, upon seeing his obvious disability, unclamped it without charge?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think you need a parking badge, regardless...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

That happened to a friend of mine who had a major operation on both his legs. He parked in a disability spot thinking that he would be okay since he was disabled. Nope, it wasn't, garda came along and not only fined him but actually towed his car away. (He didn't have a disability sticker)

It seems common sense and discretion are becoming things of the past in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sully wrote: »
    I think you need a parking badge, regardless...
    Aye. No offence to people who need them, but getting a crutch is easy enough. Getting a parking badge, less so.

Advertisement