Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on shipping home a food parcel while on hols.

Options
  • 28-05-2011 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭

Heading on hols to Italy soon, has anyone ever shipped back a parcel while on hols? Is it legal, customswise? Anyone got an idea of cost? Any general advice to offer?
    Would love to bulk buy some olive oils and wine, balsamic vinegar, cheeses etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Shipped stuff home from Paris, around 1.5kg weight to Dublin, cost €13 shipping. No problem with customs, it was only sealed jars of salted butter caramel sauce and duck rillette. Post office staff were great, very friendly, even gave us free bubble wrap :) Arrive within 5 days and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

i regularly send stuff back from the continent, its no problem. u can sometimes get all your packaging etc from main post offices. costs are in the region of 1euro per kilo but of course that depends on the country etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Don't know about the cost of sending from Italy, but I do this when I go to Germany. €22 for 10kg (€2.20/kg) as opposed to €8/kg with an airline. I can't imagine there being any custom implications sending parcels within the EU.

Advertisement