Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in the City

Options
  • 28-05-2011 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey,

I have a few months work experience starting in the city in a few weeks time and won't be able to afford to pay for parking, anyone know of any streets where parking is free? I don't mind being in the city early and a bit of walking!

Thanks!!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Park and Ride really is your only option - can't think of anywhere in city centre.

http://www.corkcity.ie/services/roadstransportation/trafficdivision/blackashparkandride/

Will still cost you five euro per day though (think they do monthly tickets that are a bit cheaper)

Failing that, time to get a bicycle?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

As far as I know there is no free parking left in the city - all the streets are now disc parking. You would have to park in the suburbs and either walk or get the bus. Check out the Ballinlough Rd (beyond Joup and the national school heading toward the church) - don't think that is disc parking (yet) and is an ok walking distance. Same for Ballintemple/Blackrock/ Ballyphehane/Togher.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭hughowen

Free parking closest to the city is at Monahan Road, go down Albert Quay (near City Hall) right on to Victoria Road and second exit at roundabout and immediate left again past the Petrol station. The earlier you get there the closer to the city and the shorter the walk. Roughly 5 mins to City Hall from the start of parking there.
    Owen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anchorage19

Thanks a million for all the help guys, may go for the park and ride - probably the best and safest option! thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Might help if you let us know where you will be living*.

*For stalking purposes only!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement