Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vasectomy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

RockDaddy wrote:
    Did any of you just not bother with the test at all?

Me!!!

April '17 I had my op done......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol

I am seven weeks post operation. Would anyone think there is sperm left at this stage ? Have emtpied about 20 times !

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RockDaddy

Steviesol wrote: »
    I am seven weeks post operation. Would anyone think there is sperm left at this stage ? Have emtpied about 20 times !

Yes, very likely. Minimum of 25 Ejaculations for starters, but more importantly the swimmers can survive more than 60 days in your tubes.

Keep him wrapped up!!

RockDaddy wrote: »
    Yes, very likely. Minimum of 25 Ejaculations for starters, but more importantly the swimmers can survive more than 60 days in your tubes.

Keep him wrapped up!!

Just my luck . How do the swimmers survive though even after 20 ejaculations ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Have just signed up to join the club. Have a match on the 18th, so waiting until the following week to have it done. Any words of wisdom or advice?

• Advertisement

Steviesol wrote: »
    Just my luck . How do the swimmers survive though even after 20 ejaculations ?

I'm no doctor, but apparently they can survive downstream of the snip in the Vas for some time!

I'm no doctor, but apparently they can survive downstream of the snip in the Vas for some time!

Okay will have to wait for the pregnancy test. Was sure I was passed this.

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Have just signed up to join the club. Have a match on the 18th, so waiting until the following week to have it done. Any words of wisdom or advice?

Get the no needle, no scalpel procedure.
    Take a day or two off. Thursday is a good day to get it done.
    Have a box of Ibrufen. I took them for two days even without pain, just to help with bruising /swelling.
    Shave the area beforehand.

You'll be uncomfortable for a few days, bruising swelling is normal. Be grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

RockDaddy wrote:
    Get the no needle, no scalpel procedure. Take a day or two off. Thursday is a good day to get it done. Have a box of Ibrufen. I took them for two days even without pain, just to help with bruising /swelling. Shave the area beforehand.

RockDaddy wrote:
    You'll be uncomfortable for a few days, bruising swelling is normal. Be grand!

Getting the same as you did, same guy. Hopefully it is all OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

The wife has been at me for months but given up now. A lot of her buddies husbands have it but there's a snow ball's chance in hell that I will do that.

While I have 2 kids already and we have no plans for more I think mentally I could not handle the notion that I am walking around shooting blanks.

I know it's sounds silly but I would feel inferior or less of a man.

TBH....I could handle not having sex no problem rather than go for the snip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The wife has been at me for months but given up now. A lot of her buddies husbands have it but there's a snow ball's chance in hell that I will do that.

While I have 2 kids already and we have no plans for more I think mentally I could not handle the notion that I am walking around shooting blanks.

Hmm… it's not like you walk around thinking about how you're shooting blanks all the time. Tbh, it never enters my head.

I don't know… maybe my idea of being a man isn't tied up with the notion of whether the sperm I produce makes it to the outside world but to me, it seems a weird benchmark to have for your masculinity.

Being a good father to the kids I have would be a more important factor in what makes me feel more like a man than hypothetically still being able to have more kids I don't want.

Hmm… it's not like you walk around thinking about how you're shooting blanks all the time. Tbh, it never enters my head.

I don't know… maybe my idea of being a man isn't tied up with the notion of whether the sperm I produce makes it to the outside world but to me, it seems a weird benchmark to have for your masculinity.

Being a good father to the kids I have would be a more important factor in what makes me feel more like a man than hypothetically still being able to have more kids I don't want.

As I said it is silly and it's in no way a slight on guys who have had it done. It's just something in my own head.

I think if I dig deeper perhaps I am thinking about if myself and wife split up that it would be an issue in possible future relationships.

As I said it is silly and it's in no way a slight on guys who have had it done. It's just something in my own head.

I think if I dig deeper perhaps I am thinking about if myself and wife split up that it would be an issue in possible future relationships.

I'm forty now. If my wife and I were to split up in a few years and I eventually got with another partner, I'd have zero desire to go back to changing shítty nappies and sleepless nights heading into my fifties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭.red.

I'm forty now. If my wife and I were to split up in a few years and I eventually got with another partner, I'd have zero desire to go back to changing shítty nappies and sleepless nights heading into my fifties.

That was my thinking too,
    Plenty of time for sh1tty nappies when the grandkids come along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

You'd rather be celibate than responsible. OK.

I just cant understand lads that think like this. I have three children, I'm fertile as fu{k! But I don't want anymore children, we're happy out.

I don't want to wear condoms, I hate them. I don't want my wife on any birth control, shes been there, done that. Neither of us need that responsibility, we have enough on!!

Now we just have sex whenever and wherever we want, no disruptions, no worries, care free! A vasectomy is the only job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

optogirl wrote: »

The thought of celibacy makes me weak!! :eek:

Couldn't handle that at all!

optogirl wrote: »

Think about that statement for a moment. Being celibate is the ultimate in responsibility.

....... wrote: »

While I am not a psychiatric it sounds like he had deeper underlying issues at play.

• Advertisement

While I am not a psychiatric it sounds like he had deeper underlying issues at play.

It's probably because he doesn't have to worry about possible unwanted pregnancies any more so he's more relaxed. I can't see it being any deeper than that.

The thought of celibacy makes me weak!! :eek:

Couldn't handle that at all!

I don't have the time or energy TBH. Two small kids very busy business to run- more important things going on in my life.

I have had sex and a lot of it over the years and...whatever...been there done that. Would rather a nice lie in now.:o

It's probably because he doesn't have to worry about possible unwanted pregnancies any more so he's more relaxed. I can't see it being any deeper than that.

Don't forget the not wanting kids part.

Neither of them want kids and they are happy in their relationship. What's the issue?

I would imagine that's the main part. The couple don't want kids. Now they have practically ensured that wont happen, of course they are more relaxed and enjoying sex more. Its not rocket science.

I don't have the time or energy TBH. Two small kids very busy business to run- more important things going on in my life.

I have had sex and a lot of it over the years and...whatever...been there done that. Would rather a nice lie in now.:o

Thats where we differ, I am in a similar situation but I would never let it get in the way of my sex life..never!

Maybe its and age or sex drive thing, but to me sex is very important in any relationship, its not the be all and end all, but very important all the same. Its the cause of many may break ups/divorce.

Its in the word really: "celibacy" derives from the Latin caelibatus, "state of being unmarried"

....... wrote: »

Thats the reason I dont want my wife to be on contraception. They are grand to a certain point in a relationship. But whats the point in messing with hormones when there is no need.
    As a working mother she has enough responsibility on her hands and does not need her hormones all over the place!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭py

Thats the reason I dont want my wife to be on contraception. They are grand to a certain point in a relationship. But whats the point in messing with hormones when there is no need.
    As a working mother she has enough responsibility on her hands and does not need her hormones all over the place!!

This was the exact same for us. Hormones have been all over the place with the pill for years so it'll be a relief when test comes back with the all clear which is due to happen shortly.

Advertisement