Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vasectomy

Options
1394041424345»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Did you get it done through the public health system?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

I did. Dr referred me & took about 9 months from then till procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭gandalfio

• Registered Users Posts: 3 duffer33

4 days on from the op. No major swelling of the area which is good. Have noticed more twinges of pain since changing from a jock strap to tight boxers. Occasional dull pain at the bottom of stomach/over groin area. Nothing hectic and haven't needed any ibuprofen or paracetamol since day 2. Hoping all back to normal in next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭joinme

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to get the job done on medical card? The only option I have found is vasectomy.ie but it is only fully covered by medical card if you live in South Dublin or Wicklow, which seems a bit of a strange anomaly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Trondheim

That is nuts (pardon the pun). For that price, you could get Dr. John to do it in Galway, and have the night before and the night after at a nice hotel in Galway, room service, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 duffer33

3 weeks on from the operation and all feels back to normal thankfully. Went back running after 11 days slowly and have started to build it up. First couple of runs were the acid test but all went well thankfully. Went back playing football yesterday which is great. Felt a twinge when kicking by myself after 2 weeks so left it another week and now all fine. Delighted to be out the other end all going well and hoping to get the all clear in a few months. Fear of the procedure was 100 times worse than the procedure of the recovery. That would be my advice to anyone considering it. I put it off and was worried for months but in truth there was no reason to be. Recommended Dr John McCormick previously and still do. Best of luck to anyone considering the procedure in the future and hope you put your fears to the side like I did in the end.

Advertisement