Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vasectomy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

You have issues adonai....

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭adonai

haha maybe I have reasons to have them lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

adonai wrote: »
    haha maybe I have reasons to have them lol

Why dont you share them then

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭adonai

read above links. seems its like playing a roulette, no?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

What's your experience?? You seem to keep posting up these links to let's say issues with vasectomy but I actually think you might have another agenda.

I'm finding it hard to understand your posts when you won't elaborate on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

The internet is full of horror stories of every medical procedure, not just vasectomys. If you want a bad story the internet is the place to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Glebee wrote: »
    The internet is full of horror stories of every medical procedure, not just vasectomys. If you want a bad story the internet is the place to look.

Also people tend to talk only about bad experiences.I too read some of those stories before getting it done but reminded myself every medical procedure carries a small risk and for me the 'reward' far out weighed the minimal risk.
    3 years on and best decision ever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

So its looking ever increasingly likely that I'm for the chop once baby arrives fit and healthy. I'm sh1tting myself tbh!!!
    My sex drive is very important as is a functioning organ!!!
    If something were to go wrong I don't know how I would cope tbh.

I know the risks are minor but still.....

Also, the thought or someone pulling or tugging at pipes or tubes down there while I'm awake is terrifying.

Am I being a big baby?

Put my mind at rest please!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Getting it done tomorrow in clane,nerves are kicking in now ...hate Needles and the taught of someone having a go at my balls is terrifying 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

harr wrote: »
    Getting it done tomorrow in clane,nerves are kicking in now ...hate Needles and the taught of someone having a go at my balls is terrifying 😱

I'm down there in a month...maybe you'll give an update afterwards?
    Maybe PM me?
    I'm sure it'll be absolutely fine..you'll feel nought..I'm just wondering how long it'll be afterwards until I can go running, cycle etc....

• Advertisement

Zipppy wrote: »
    I'm down there in a month...maybe you'll give an update afterwards?
    Maybe PM me?
    I'm sure it'll be absolutely fine..you'll feel nought..I'm just wondering how long it'll be afterwards until I can go running, cycle etc....
    No problem will keep you posted,I will ask about exercise because I would be the same wanting to get back training as soon as..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

No problem will keep you posted,I will ask about exercise because I would be the same wanting to get back training as soon as..

You'll be fine! Seriously, it's so quick and painless. I would recommend getting a jock strap or VERY tight boxers. It all depends on what exercise you're considering, but I wouldn't go near cycling for a week or 2! I was back running after 2 weeks.

chewed wrote: »
    You'll be fine! Seriously, it's so quick and painless. I would recommend getting a jock strap or VERY tight boxers. It all depends on what exercise you're considering, but I wouldn't go near cycling for a week or 2! I was back running after 2 weeks.

Two weeks sounds like a long time...

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Two weeks sounds like a long time...

Really depends on the person. Some people heal quicker, and have less pain or swelling after the op than others.

My husband was back playing GAA after a week, only really rested for the two days following the op.

apparently a pair of budgie-smugglers for support helped lessen the discomfort from "jiggling".

Just an update ,
    Got it done an hour ago ...very easy procedure...in and up on the bed two pinches nothing worse than dentist. I was numb right away all I could feel after that was a bit pulling but no pain, 5 minutes job done.
    Asked about excerice and he said about a week but maybe a bit longer for the bike...sex ok after a week ...so I should be all ok by Wednesday..
    Rest up for two days and take it easy for week...he said to take pain killers as it will get sore when injections wear off..
    So op itself was hassle free and no pain ...will update tomorrow pain wise...
    Could be in heap ...all a bit easy so far 😳

For Christ sake milk it for all its worth man. Stay on the couch until at least Sunday and then say to other half that you might feel up to going for a few quite Bank Holiday Sunday night drinks...:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Where'd you get it done harr?

Clane,the place on the garage forecourt 😏 can't give names here but it's just a little office in a health centre....
    Might as well give an update, the anaesthetic wore off around 3 or so and I took some painkillers it felt like a kick in the balls with a bit of a sting...on couch most of the day the pain never really went away..ice on balls on and off. By around 7 pain started to go...but still felt uncomfortable. One bit of advice be careful when sitting back down and make sure your balls are out of the way.
    Got it hard to get comfortable in bed but I found by placing small cushion between knees prevented the balls from getting squashed , no pain during night but do wear very night boxers or pants, I wore a tight pair of speedos 😆
    No pain this morning just a bit of stinging and sore to touch so still walking like John Wayne ..by the way they have started to swell a little which the doc said would happen and the bruising might not appear for 3 or 4 days.
    I will take it easy today and over the weekend but i recon come Monday I should be right as rain...hopefully

Far play Har, well done, its hard to descripe the feeling. Its more uncomfortable than sore but still not a nice feeling.

Glebee wrote: »
    Far play Har, well done, its hard to descripe the feeling. Its more uncomfortable than sore but still not a nice feeling.

Yeah, As I said before, it's like that feeling a few mins after getting a good kick in the balls! No pain, no gain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Clane,the place on the garage forecourt 😏 can't give names here but it's just a little office in a health centre....
    Might as well give an update, the anaesthetic wore off around 3 or so and I took some painkillers it felt like a kick in the balls with a bit of a sting...on couch most of the day the pain never really went away..ice on balls on and off. By around 7 pain started to go...but still felt uncomfortable. One bit of advice be careful when sitting back down and make sure your balls are out of the way.
    Got it hard to get comfortable in bed but I found by placing small cushion between knees prevented the balls from getting squashed , no pain during night but do wear very night boxers or pants, I wore a tight pair of speedos 😆
    No pain this morning just a bit of stinging and sore to touch so still walking like John Wayne ..by the way they have started to swell a little which the doc said would happen and the bruising might not appear for 3 or 4 days.
    I will take it easy today and over the weekend but i recon come Monday I should be right as rain...hopefully

How you doing, one week later???

Not bad,the first few days were sore,it was to be expected.No problem up walking around After Friday but I got a whore of a pain Saturday evening ...could have been over doing things a bit...on Monday came the bruising and swelling ,a nice shade of purple ,was sick wearing the tight jocks that this stage so went back to normal boxers...sleeping was a tad awkward...
    Back in the saddle in the bedroom last night no problems just had to take it handy :o
    To be honest it taking that bit longer than I was expecting to heal and for the soreness to disappear ,I tried to go for a quick jog last night not a hope to much movement even with tight jocks on..so I would say it will Monday before I try again and I would definitely recommend to anyone to give it two weeks for exercise .
    Lads I know who got it done and they were fine after a week...but there is no way I could get back on the bike or back to gym yet...will get back to swimming tomorrow and I have been walking 3k a day no problem.
    Anyone who has had it done find it took the two weeks to get back to full normality ?
    Today is the first day I haven't got that ache in my balls,still wearing tracksuits and combats ....
    Pissed off now ,want to get back training ...

Anyone who has had it done find it took the two weeks to get back to full normality ?

Yep definitely took even more than 2 weeks here.That niggling ball pain took probably a month to fully subside.But I was back in work on the Monday after(got it done on a Friday) lifting things etc so I probably should have taken it easier for another day or two--Id say I prolonged the pain myself by lifting etc. But a year on everythings grand.
    Best decision I ever made to be honest.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I went in for a consult today, finally, and the urologist was saying that it might take 18 weeks for the tube to empty of semem. He mentioned the number 24, ejaculations. Jaysus I said to myself, if I wanted to, I could be done in a week!

Job done yesterday ... Tricky enough..not enough anesthetic... Then couldn't find vas. . good bit of rummaging about, pulling and dragging...and painful...however zero pain or swelling since...like nought...so its happy days...just countdown to all clear now..

Job done yesterday ... Tricky enough..not enough anesthetic... Then couldn't find vas. . good bit of rummaging about, pulling and dragging...and painful...however zero pain or swelling since...like nought...so its happy days...just countdown to all clear now..

Sounds stressful! Where did you get it done?

chewed wrote:
    Sounds stressful! Where did you get it done?

Clane .... Wasn't that bad but kinda expected zero pain....ah well....all good now though...no swelling either....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Any guys that have had this done:

Is it ok to drive yourself to and from the clinic considering its just a local anesthetic? Would you be physically able to drive without pain even if it is ok?

My wife drove me but I would have been well able to drive my self home...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

My wife drove me but I would have been well able to drive my self home...

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Advertisement