Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quad/ATV mechanic course

• 28-05-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Im interested in doing a course so I could fix up my own quad. It needs a gearbox change and other bits. I would like to repair quads as a hobby. Is there a course that I can take to get me trained in quad repair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Train as a bike mechanic. They are all based on motorcycle engines anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Buy a workshop manual over the net or even haynes repair manual would have a lot of info on repairs
    I think a bike or quad would be easier work on than car jeep or tractor as parts are smaller and lighter ie.no need for a sledge hammer or long bar for leverage
    even though I once heard of someone who tried to open a moterbike engine with a hatchet :rolleyes:

djmc wrote: »
    even though I once heard of someone who tried to open a moterbike engine with a hatchet :rolleyes:
    Probably tried the same thing on their head and found that it was successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Train as a bike mechanic. They are all based on motorcycle engines anyway.

Any recommendations on a course or know of somewhere that offers a course?

• Advertisement

I googled Motorcycle mechanic training and found this:
    http://www.pobalscoilrosmini.ie/night.html

Advertisement