Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a Freeview HD TV

Options
  • 28-05-2011 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

So the story is that my brother is looking for a new 32" TV for use in Dundalk.

He's been looking at the Walker Saorview certified one for €249 in Power City. However, as far as I can tell it is only MPEG4 DVB-T. Perfect for Saorview & Freeview but it won't do the DVB-T2 Freeview HD channels when they launch in NI. So I'm wondering could anyone point me in the direction of where I could get a 32" Freeview HD TV and how much it would cost.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Richersounds do the LG 32LD490 Freeview HD - £279.00 + £12.99 delivery from Belfast to ROI.

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=&Mode=0&CategoryID=3&SUB=27&ProductID=1123

They may do a Boards discount too, ask 'em on their thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

The LD490 is not 100% compatible with Saorview according to posts here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055420793&page=115

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

The Cush wrote: »
    The LD490 is not 100% compatible with Saorview according to posts here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055420793&page=115

Yes, I have the LD490 and found a few other problems.

1. No country code which means channel numbers go in the 800s unless you untick a box. [It is not obvious the first time round].
    2. No traditional Teletext
    3. No summertime, so time is out one hour or EPG is out one hour.
    4. LG are not interested as it is a UK TV.

TV does have internet connection, but I have not tried it, but it could be interesting.

Tried playing .ts files from a usb stick, and it played it at postage stamp size. I have not pursued this, but it is not right.

PQ is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

So the story is that my brother is looking for a new 32" TV for use in Dundalk.

He's been looking at the Walker Saorview certified one for €249 in Power City. However, as far as I can tell it is only MPEG4 DVB-T. Perfect for Saorview & Freeview but it won't do the DVB-T2 Freeview HD channels when they launch in NI. So I'm wondering could anyone point me in the direction of where I could get a 32" Freeview HD TV and how much it would cost.

Thanks.
    Tell him to buy the Sony Bravia 40,yes 40EX403.,forget 32"
    Picked one up in Macro Belfast £450 plus Vat.
    It will cover BBC and RTE HD,and has Internet Wi-Fi stuff.
    Would almost dare to say Future proof,for a while.

reboot wrote: »
    Sorry Typo,£350 plus Vat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 tommee

I bought Panasonic Viera 32 inch led
    in Curry's Newry two weeks ago
    £449
    get UK freesat and IRl saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

tommee wrote: »
    I bought Panasonic Viera 32 inch led

Que the abuse from Panny bashers. At least my Panny seems to have the correct time too

C

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭jonnygee

reboot wrote: »

Whats the story with buying in makro, do you need a trade card or what, they were advertising an akura freeview hd box for 18 pounds last week.

jonnygee wrote: »
    Whats the story with buying in makro, do you need a trade card or what, they were advertising an akura freeview hd box for 18 pounds last week.
    You need a Trade card to buy in the store.

Advertisement