Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Free Broadband Options

Options
  • 28-05-2011 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

Does anybody know of any high speed broadband providers that offer a service without a 12 month contract.

I realise there is the mobile broadband sticks on ready to go but I feel the speeds are sufficient.

Does UPC, eircom etc do any contract free or 30 day rolling contract options?
    Cheers folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Eircom and UPC, nope. I don't believe any other providers do either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

There's ways to get internet access without contracts but not with a proper broadband provider as far as I know.

One possibility is to talk with a neighbour and offer to pay for wifi access to their internet conn while you need to use it, but the neighbour will be breaking T&Cs with their ISP and could also get into trouble for any criminal stuff you might do over his connection. Hence, it's not that likely someone will trust you with such an arrangement. But good luck anyway!

Advertisement