Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Comparitive Essay Please Help

• 28-05-2011 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hello
    I would really appreciate any help. I have to write a comparitive essay for my summer test. We sudied dancing at lughnasa, Kite runner and Im not scared. If anyone has an essay about these I would really like yo see it. If you have any links or help please help. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭scottg4life

Hello
    I would really appreciate any help. I have to write a comparitive essay for my summer test. We sudied dancing at lughnasa, Kite runner and Im not scared. If anyone has an essay about these I would really like yo see it. If you have any links or help please help. Thanks in advance :)

I am studying Dancing at Lughnasa and I'm Not Scared and Lamb by Bernard Mc Laverty. We are comparing Lamb and I.N.S. Dancing at Lughnasa I don't have a clue about just so hard to understand!! :O

Start I.N.S (I'm Not Scared) like this: In this film/text (film and books are both "texts") directed by Gabriele Salvatores, we meet a group of young children in Southern Italy. Michele, the hero of this story, and also the main character, becomes entangled in the web of the adult world. Having discovered a secret hiding place, Michele meets Filippo, a boy who has been found/discovered by Michele and who has been kidnapped from the north of the country.
    The actors bring an innocent and natural quality to the screen. Michele (actor, Giuseppe Cristiano) has a rebellious and curios nature. He loses himself in his imaginary world and braves the dark adult realities. His loving side is seen as he cares for his sister, Anna, and tries to save his 'brother' Filippo.
    Moment of Crisis in the film: There is darkness and impending doom coming down from the night sky with feelings of panic as Michele and Filippo are both trapped over the fence.There is silence and sounds of crickets as Michele is on his bike (before he is with Filippo) on his way down to rescue Filippo. There is darkness but there is only little light. The height of the fence makes it look like a death trap, it makes it look like they will never get out!
    Camera work/Lighting: When Filippo and Michele are down in the hole, the light is only shown on them. Long shots of the fields of wheat (the beauty of the place). Point of view shots from Michele's stance (over the shoulder shots). The flash of light when Filippo tries to open his eyes.
    Soundtrack/score: The soundtrack to the film is energetic/dramatic/exciting. It has a upbeat/lively feel with a traditional irish music sound as the violins play. It is climactic(it builds up) like a sense of adventure!

That's all I can think of, I know it's not comparing anything because I do another book with this but it will give you a general idea/outline of the film and I am sure that you could pick up some similarites as you read through.
    I am glad I could help so tell me what you think! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭scottg4life

I am studying Dancing at Lughnasa and I'm Not Scared and Lamb by Bernard Mc Laverty. We are comparing Lamb and I.N.S. Dancing at Lughnasa I don't have a clue about just so hard to understand!! :O

Start I.N.S (I'm Not Scared) like this: In this film/text (film and books are both "texts") directed by Gabriele Salvatores, we meet a group of young children in Southern Italy. Michele, the hero of this story, and also the main character, becomes entangled in the web of the adult world. Having discovered a secret hiding place, Michele meets Filippo, a boy who has been found/discovered by Michele and who has been kidnapped from the north of the country.
    The actors bring an innocent and natural quality to the screen. Michele (actor, Giuseppe Cristiano) has a rebellious and curios nature. He loses himself in his imaginary world and braves the dark adult realities. His loving side is seen as he cares for his sister, Anna, and tries to save his 'brother' Filippo.
    Moment of Crisis in the film: There is darkness and impending doom coming down from the night sky with feelings of panic as Michele and Filippo are both trapped over the fence.There is silence and sounds of crickets as Michele is on his bike (before he is with Filippo) on his way down to rescue Filippo. There is darkness but there is only little light. The height of the fence makes it look like a death trap, it makes it look like they will never get out!
    Camera work/Lighting: When Filippo and Michele are down in the hole, the light is only shown on them. Long shots of the fields of wheat (the beauty of the place). Point of view shots from Michele's stance (over the shoulder shots). The flash of light when Filippo tries to open his eyes.
    Soundtrack/score: The soundtrack to the film is energetic/dramatic/exciting. It has a upbeat/lively feel with a traditional irish music sound as the violins play. It is climactic(it builds up) like a sense of adventure!

That's all I can think of, I know it's not comparing anything because I do another book with this but it will give you a general idea/outline of the film and I am sure that you could pick up some similarites as you read through.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

Thank you.. yes it is very helpfull I keep searching for help on the internet but noone seems to watch the film INS... Thanks :)

Advertisement