Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook Mail Recovery - Help!

Options
  • 28-05-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Came home the other day to a dead Acer laptop. Apparently there was a power surge and it fried the poor laptop.

The computer shop has copied the .pst file from Outlook onto my old Dell Vostro laptop, and have imported the file into Outlook. Unfortunately Outlook only displays messages to January 2011, and I really REALLY need to access messages from last week!

Is there any way to open those messages or can I assume the file is corrupt?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

If its Outlook 2003 then you have two tools to use ... use Windows search to find them.

scanpst to repair PST files (the additional 'Personal Folders' file)
    scanost to repair OST files (the local copy of email pulled down from email account online, a replica of your online email account)

Run the one that you need best on the files that were copied over by the store. Bare in mind, if the last time you moved mails into the .pst files was Jan 2011 then that's all that will ever be there. If the emails that you are looking for were within the main inbox within outlook and you dont have the .ost file where they were stored then they are gone.

Advertisement