Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor.....beware

Options
  • 28-05-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

For those on pay-as-you-go and using one of Meteor's bundles.

I'm on the any network texts bundle. Usually, when your monthly package is up, a text is sent to your phone notifying you to top up again to avail of your free texts.

But this month, no text came. As a result, I used up €30 credit which I wouldn't have knowingly used. Now I know I could have been keeping track of it myself, but who actually does that? I rarely check my credit either, so I wasn't to know.

Anyway, I rang up today. Was told the notifier is merely a courtesy text and they're not legally obliged to notify you. After pointing out to them the flaw in their system, they kept putting forward the 'T & c' line. No help, or apologies.

Somehow, I suspect if I was without credit the notifying text would have come. So, if you're using one of the packages, keep an eye on your credit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

yea i got the text last month but not this. was wondering why to tbch you should be keeping an eye on it yourself. meteor are not obliged to tell you when you are hitting the end of your months promotion. it is up to you to know that. is it also up to you to monitor how you are spending your credit.

the text thing is handy, but i have a note of when my 30 day promotion is ending each month so i know to top up. perhaps you should think of doing the same. little reminder in the calendar section of your mobile would suit

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

To be fair, when your promotion activates you a receive a text:

You now have (whatever promotion) until xx.xx.xxxx.

Therefore they are not obliged to remind you when it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

To be fair, when your promotion activates you a receive a text:

You now have (whatever promotion) until xx.xx.xxxx.

Therefore they are not obliged to remind you when it ends.

Just use this date to set a reminder on your mobile phones calendar...

But I too also used to get reminder txts from Voda.... But that stopped a while ago... Sharp practice?

Advertisement