Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex Customer Interested in Returning

Options
  • 28-05-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I switched from eircom to Vodafone for my home phone and broadband 18 months ago. My primary usage is broadband. My current package is 3mb, the max the line can take.

Anyway, last week an eircom rep (Jacob) was in our estate knocking on the doors of ex eircom custimers trying to entice us back.

As I outlined to Jacob, broadband was my top need and I need faster, more reliable speeds. He checked my max line speed using some portable gizmo.
    He confirmed that my line could still only provide 3mb but that my line should be due for upgrade over next few days. He said that was one of the reasons for coming to the estate as upgrades were happening. He even told me that one of my neighbours was now able to get 20mb on a 24mb line.
    All sounds pretty good to me.

Anyway I spotted an eircom van in the estate a few days later.

Can youcheck my line again or give ne any update to what is genuinely happening with the links in my estate.

Thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I'm not suspicious but it reminds me of whenever airtricity reps call to me they tell me that Bord gais and flo gas have just announced an end to their discounted rates ...suuuuurrreeee...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I'm not suspicious but it reminds me of whenever airtricity reps call to me they tell me that Bord gais and flo gas have just announced an end to their discounted rates ...suuuuurrreeee...

My thoughts exactly but I was very clear with the rep that I wouldnt change unless increased speeds were tested and guarantee.

He had nothing to gain by lying at that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi guys,

I switched from eircom to Vodafone for my home phone and broadband 18 months ago. My primary usage is broadband. My current package is 3mb, the max the line can take.

Anyway, last week an eircom rep (Jacob) was in our estate knocking on the doors of ex eircom custimers trying to entice us back.

As I outlined to Jacob, broadband was my top need and I need faster, more reliable speeds. He checked my max line speed using some portable gizmo.
    He confirmed that my line could still only provide 3mb but that my line should be due for upgrade over next few days. He said that was one of the reasons for coming to the estate as upgrades were happening. He even told me that one of my neighbours was now able to get 20mb on a 24mb line.
    All sounds pretty good to me.

Anyway I spotted an eircom van in the estate a few days later.

Can youcheck my line again or give ne any update to what is genuinely happening with the links in my estate.

Thanks again

Hi TechnoFreek
    yes speed and usage up-grades are being carried out all over the country but it pays to double check. If you PM me your tel. number I can confirm these details for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Pm sent

Replied to your PM TechnoFreek
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement