Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 5 - Opinions

Options
  • 28-05-2011 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I know ut's been out an age now bt was just wondering what everyone else thinks of it.

Favourite car?

Favourite track?

Any car mods and tune ups you wanna share?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

cRRn1234 wrote: »
    I know ut's been out an age now bt was just wondering what everyone else thinks of it.

Favourite car?

Favourite track?

Any car mods and tune ups you wanna share?

after shift 2 i cant get back to GT5 or Forza 3... It just does not cut it anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

Considering the final product it really took them way too long to make Gran Turismo

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

i was playing this the other day after a long time away from it, what do you think of the graphics? Im not sure they are that good anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

i was playing this the other day after a long time away from it, what do you think of the graphics? Im not sure they are that good anymore

I agree, I remember when screenshots first came out maybe four/five years ago...it looked amazing but it took them so long to make it that the graphics were pretty much at the same standard as most big games when it was released.

I'd be surprised if they're allowed spend so long working on the next Gran Turismo that comes out on a new platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cRRn1234

I think everyone was disappointed with he final product after the huge lenght of time it took to come out.

only got back into playing it recently and i've been hooked completely again. I think the B-Spec is interesting too although some of my drivers can be USELESS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

Barlett wrote: »
    I agree, I remember when screenshots first came out maybe four/five years ago...it looked amazing but it took them so long to make it that the graphics were pretty much at the same standard as most big games when it was released.

I'd be surprised if they're allowed spend so long working on the next Gran Turismo that comes out on a new platform.

yeah totally agree.

It's a shame it never came out when it was supposed to. i think people would've been blown away but like you said, the graphics on it are kind of standard to everything around it.

I think everyone was disappointed with he final product after the huge lenght of time it took to come out.

only got back into playing it recently and i've been hooked completely again. I think the B-Spec is interesting too although some of my drivers can be USELESS!!

i newer even bought it. just borrowed from friend. still got it, and my friend is not even bothered getting it back...

1. 1200 car list drops to 150. 150 are premuim cars which are fully detailed. the standart cars are just pure copy paste from GT4, i **** you not. there was an article about it... lazy...

2. damage model... its a joke.

3. when cars hit each ather you get that bump sound and feel like in arcade games.

4. Premuim car graphics are nice, but the rest of it looks feck ugly.

food for thought:

http://www.lazygamer.net/fixed/gran-turismo-5-non-premium-cars-look-awful-prevent-your-from-taking-close-up-photos/

Everyones expectations were very high....for a game to have taken that long one might think that all cars should've been premium models! Especially for being the 'realistic' game it's supposed to be.

Those close up photo's are shocking actually. i love the text in one of them which is practically saying, "sorry we hadn't bothered to make the graphics better." Still love playing it though.

Anyone buy any cars recently?

Everyones expectations were very high....for a game to have taken that long one might think that all cars should've been premium models! Especially for being the 'realistic' game it's supposed to be.

Those close up photo's are shocking actually. i love the text in one of them which is practically saying, "sorry we hadn't bothered to make the graphics better." Still love playing it though.

Anyone buy any cars recently?

i am happy you like it bud. i honestly tried to like it, but i just could not :(. forza just had better quality for my taste.

have you tried shift 2 m8? really really good game. its not as simish as f3 or gt5, but in a good way m8.

if you had a bad taste from shift 1, then i can assure you, shift 2 is just way way better. i hated shift 1 driving feel...

• Advertisement
Advertisement