Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antenatal Classes in cork

Options
  • 28-05-2011 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hey just wondering is there free antenatal classes in the cork city/county area for mammys to be and if so can daddys attend

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Antenatal classes are organised by your hospital, ring and book them asap as they can fill up quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Amy O Riordan

January wrote: »
    Antenatal classes are organised by your hospital, ring and book them asap as they can fill up quickly
    hospital have never said anything about classes to me :eek:

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

i tried to book them at 10 weeks and they were already full up until after our due date. in the end we paid the 175 for private ones but they were a complete waste of time. i learned nothing there that wasnt in the books or answered on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Amy O Riordan

i tried to book them at 10 weeks and they were already full up until after our due date. in the end we paid the 175 for private ones but they were a complete waste of time. i learned nothing there that wasnt in the books or answered on here.

Jesus thats very expensive i aint willing to pay that as money can be better spent on essentials for baby thanks v much for your feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Seriously?!? Im nearly 8wks and hadnt even thought about it, I thought thats sumthing to be sorted later on! and Hunnymonster you say at 10 weeks they were booked up! :eek:

Unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

When I was at my 12 week scan at the hospital, the midwife there told me that there was no need to book until 20 weeks or so. She said to remind the midwife at my next scan. There had better be places!
    Just out of interest, how much are they as I have no clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Quin5 yep, this was for the free ones run by the hospital. Even though we're going private for everything else, we really wanted to do these classes as they are the only ones that are held in the hospital itself so you get an idea what it it like. They were full by 10 weeks for a June EDD. There are loads of private ones out there. We paid 175 for the one we did but it was useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Jesus thats very expensive i aint willing to pay that as money can be better spent on essentials for baby thanks v much for your feedback

Hi ya. We were too late with the ones in CUMH because they were booked. We got them of a midwife who is fairly high up in CUMH and she is very good. She was 120 euro for 4 nights for 2 hours a night. She is in Lyre near Banteer if thats any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bazzad

Hi Corkie - do you have a number for the lady in Banteer?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭SanFran07

Clare Boyle (Midwife) does antenatal classes in Glamire in the Vienna Woods hotel -she also teaches a breastfeeding class.

www.anulife.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

bazzad wrote: »
    Hi Corkie - do you have a number for the lady in Banteer?

Yep I will PM you with it. Anyone else that wants it send me a PM incase I dont see the thread here.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi there,
    Would anybody have a name and number for the midwife doing private antenatal classes in Banteer /Lyre Co. Cork???

Also any recommendations on good antenatal classes in Cork City or county ???

Advertisement