Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chiappa colt .22 target pistol

Options
  • 28-05-2011 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

i am on the look out for a .22 pistol and was talking to <snip> and he told me about the chiappa replica colt .22 target pistol. Im just wondering has anyone seen used or owned one and what they are like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

You'd better check if the local superintendent will consider it , with some of them if its not on the list you can't have it , or have it after explaining endlessly what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

rowa wrote: »
    You'd better check if the local superintendent will consider it , with some of them if its not on the list you can't have it , or have it after explaining endlessly what it is.
    In cases like that, call your FCP rep so they can get the FPU to make a few calls behind the scenes to try to sort it out.

Sparks wrote: »
    In cases like that, call your FCP rep so they can get the FPU to make a few calls behind the scenes to try to sort it out.

Been there done that , don't work.

Been there done that , don't work.
    D'oh. Welcome to the 1% of applicants with what the FPU call "problem superintendents" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

• Advertisement

What the hell is chiappalloy ? To be honest i'd be wary of that make , if its made by kimar it'll be made in the phillippines out of a zinc based alloy , if you want a really nice pistol and a well made one get a cz kadet.

What the hell is chiappalloy ? To be honest i'd be wary of that make , if its made by kimar it'll be made in the phillippines out of a zinc based alloy , if you want a really nice pistol and a well made one get a cz kadet.

it got alot of good reviews online. plus the cz kadet is double the price:eek:

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    it got alot of good reviews online. plus the cz kadet is double the price:eek:

And a walther SSP is a bit more money too, but you get what you pay for a lot of the time...

im looking for something to get me started in pistol shooting and when i get the hang of it i will prob upgrade.

If you're just getting started, why not get an air pistol? Cheaper to buy, cheaper to run, easier to licence, and you learn all the basics (and faster, as you can buy the ammo for about a tenth of the price and therefore shoot more).

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote: »
    If you're just getting started, why not get an air pistol? Cheaper to buy, cheaper to run, easier to licence, and you learn all the basics (and faster, as you can buy the ammo for about a tenth of the price and therefore shoot more).

never really looked into it. can they be used in the mnsci?

never really looked into it. can they be used in the mnsci?

A bit more awkwardly than in a club with dedicated airgun facilties like WTSC/DURC/UCDRC/RRPC/EARC/Comber, but yes:

dscf5293b.jpg

dscf5335b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I think I was there the day yer man in the Liam Clancy jumper was there.
    I prefer a round that makes a decent impression in paper.

If I was to buy a .22lr pistol this is what I'd buy (at a recession price of ~€500ish

http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_18&products_id=144

At 25m, the pellet happily goes through the paper and the plywood it's pinned to. I think that counts as a "decent impression".

I think I was there the day yer man in the Liam Clancy jumper was there.

If I was to buy a .22lr pistol this is what I'd buy (at a recession price of ~€500ish

http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_18&products_id=144

that is the pistol i wanted from the start but website price says 725:eek: where did you see it for 500?

that is the pistol i wanted from the start but website price says 725:eek: where did you see it for 500?

Yer man DBian has them prices up since 2005 for same.

Haggle, and/or look for second hand!!

I was offered one for €600 recently

Yer man DBian has them prices up since 2005 for same.

Haggle, and/or look for second hand!!

I was offered one for €600 recently

was that new or second hand for 600

was that new or second hand for 600

almost new, less than 100 rounds fired

Advertisement