Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a Student Account

Options
  • 28-05-2011 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking about opening a student plus account with AIB. Does anyone know the benefits of doing this? I already know that you don't have to pay certain types of fees but is there anything else? I just need an account that my wages can be paid into as I really only use my post office account for saving money but I now need a bank account for my wages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

AIB on Campus usually have promotions around orientation week. Free stuff like travelcards etc. You can open the account at any time provided you're a full time student and the course is two years or longer.

Drop into any branch and they will open it up. Bring your student card and usual ID/bills.

They offer an interest free overdraft up to €1,500 on the student plus account too.

That's downgraded to €1,000 for graduate accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

That's great thanks!
    I can open up one soon enough then, really only going to use it for my wages to be paid into.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Yup no worries! It can be opened any time and you won't have to pay fees with it being a student account.

That's ideal for wages.

Have a good weekend! :)

Perfect, I only need it for my wages to be paid into as the rest of my money is in the post office.

Thanks for the help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Usual id requirements for account opening also

• Advertisement

So i'd need my student card, and passport? or anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,677 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Princess3 wrote: »
    So i'd need my student card, and passport? or anything else?

Garda Age Card. You don't need the other 2 that you listed.

You are given a sheet where you write down your course, college, length of course etc on it, so Student Card isn't required. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

photo id; p/port-driving lic-college id (cao college only)
    proof of address; letter from college/utility bill

Advertisement