Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worcester

Options
  • 28-05-2011 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

Moving to Worcester at the end of August. Wondering if anyone is familiar with the place or has been and has any thoughts? Moving over for a college course so was hoping that someone could also offer any help on accessing student loans and any other advice on student financing.
    Also I have plenty of Bar experience, does anyone know the difficulty of getting bar work in England.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

Also I have plenty of Bar experience, does anyone know the difficulty of getting bar work in England.

no difficulty at all - worcester has both a high student population (meaning lots of studenty pubs), and it has lots of non-studenty pubs both for the locals and the tourists.

its quite a well-off city, high disposable income and a good tourist (and well-off tourists to boot) trade. you should have no problems finding casual work either in hospitality or retail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Really appreciate your post. Will be heading over in the search for accommodation and work in the next couple of weeks so will hope to get everything sorted.

By any chance are you familiar with a good area of Worcester, close to the college that we could look for accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

Really appreciate your post. Will be heading over in the search for accommodation and work in the next couple of weeks so will hope to get everything sorted.

By any chance are you familiar with a good area of Worcester, close to the college that we could look for accommodation?

there aren't any 'bad' areas of Worcester - i'll check that with friends, but i'm there every week. its also a very small city - you could walk from the northern boundary to the southern boundary in 45 mins.

your uni or college will be able to help you, they will have a list of rental properties that will take students - from recall the north of the city centre seems quite studenty, you know 'bohemian' and young, hip and trendy.

and yes, i am old and hugely unfashionable!

Advertisement