Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower Mira Elite

Options
  • 28-05-2011 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

Another question please thank you. I changed my mira shower only about 18 months ago as the older one was shifting from hot to cold during showers, i thought it was best to just change it, but 18 months on the unit is stating up again. the water is a little too hot and with just a tiny turn back on the dial it becomes a little bit too cold, so it appears as if the dial is too sensitive.

does anyone know if there is some part that i can chance to fix this problem and save me from getting a while new unit?

thank you again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

jkeenan wrote: »
    Hi all,

Another question please thank you. I changed my mira shower only about 18 months ago as the older one was shifting from hot to cold during showers, i thought it was best to just change it, but 18 months on the unit is stating up again. the water is a little too hot and with just a tiny turn back on the dial it becomes a little bit too cold, so it appears as if the dial is too sensitive.

does anyone know if there is some part that i can chance to fix this problem and save me from getting a while new unit?

thank you again.

Its always hard to say what exact causes are just from online descriptions, but possibly water hardness is causing problems on your showers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

have you tried cleaning the filters? the cold inlet could be blocking so its not mixing properly possibly. worth a try anyway before buying a new unit!

Worth a look alright. No real mixer in electric shower though, just flow adjustment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

spot on robbie was too early in the morning, I was thinking of a mira excel. Check the filter anyway but I'm pretty sure theres a 2 year warranty on these? If your not happy give them a bell and get an engineer out before your warranty expires.

Sparkpea wrote: »
    spot on robbie was too early in the morning,

I know that feeling well:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Sorry for digging this up again but I seem to be having similar problem. Have a Mira electric shower purchased in may 10 but only installed before christmas. Over the past few days its going from hot to cold then if I turn the temp dial it heats up again but seems as if its under pressure by the noise coming from it and then the water gets too hot to touch. Rang B&Q and its under warranty with Mira for 2 years just wondering if there is anything I should look at before I call the engineer out.

Have a water softener installed in the house so unlikely that it is limescale, head of shower has no signs of it anyway.

pissed wrote: »
    Sorry for digging this up again but I seem to be having similar problem. Have a Mira electric shower purchased in may 10 but only installed before christmas. Over the past few days its going from hot to cold then if I turn the temp dial it heats up again but seems as if its under pressure by the noise coming from it and then the water gets too hot to touch. Rang B&Q and its under warranty with Mira for 2 years just wondering if there is anything I should look at before I call the engineer out.

Have a water softener installed in the house so unlikely that it is limescale, head of shower has no signs of it anyway.

Is the water getting too hot before it first gets cold, or is ok but just goes cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Hi Robbie thanks for the reply, the shower has sounded as if it was lacking power like running on half power. It was used yesterday morning and went completely cold or so I was told. I tried it last night and it seemed fine back to full power. Used again this morning and again all was fine so maybe it has fixed/cleared itself. Will post back if it acts up again.

Advertisement