Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Faulty Sofa

• 28-05-2011 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Im looking for a little advice before i go back to the shop and complain again. In Dec 09 i bought a sofa in a well known shop in Dublin, it was a three seater and two seater and cost 750. i live alone so only really use the two seater as its facing the tv. After two months i realised it had ripped in between the seats, its leather and it looked as if had split. I got onto the shop and the said they would replace it. They did replace it after a four month wait, i didnt mind as i knew i was getting a new one. Now i have the new one nearly a year and the seat i sit in has sunk and i can feel springs coming through. Im 11 stone just incase folk were wondering and im out quite alot so it seems to me the sofa is just really bad quality. i know i didnt pay ridiculous money for it but i would expect any sofa to last over a year.

Now i would really like them to take it back and give me a different sofa as i think the brand/make are just bad quality. I dont think i would trust having the same sofa again as i reckon it would fall apart again.

Do i have a leg to stand on? as its clear soon i wont have a seat to sit on :-p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Hope its not reids, diamond living, land of leather or Jim langans. All of these are gone. As for the specifics, 750 was very cheap and as I don't believe in the so called "sales" in furniture shops, you simply bought poor quality product that just hasn't lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

In regard to the seat sinking, do you always use the same seat?? as this will cause flattening & sinking of seat infill, most warranties are 12 month structure

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭TankGuy

It was Des Kelly. Yes i always sit in the same seat but i think a seat should last more then 12 months. Its not just flattened, the springs can be felt through the leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

If the one seat is always used, 12 months is a normal amount of time for this to happen, the reason you can feel the springs is due to the fact the infill has flattened, contact the branch you bought it from and see if they can offer anything.
    I worked in furniture retail for ten years and this is quiet common with sofas for €750 or €3000 value does not really come into it

Advertisement