Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking A samsung Galaxy S

Options
  • 28-05-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I might be buying a second hand Galaxy S off a friend who had it on contract with O2. They said they will get it unlocked for me from O2 themselves. My question is, after it is unlocked will i be able to use my Vodafone PAYG SIM in the phone WITH all the services (the market, SMS, MMS, etc)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Yeah just enter the settings and away you go

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ward117

seanybiker wrote: »
    Yeah just enter the settings and away you go
    Nice one, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I'm pretty sure you can unlock it yourself with a market app instead of paying O2 to. Someone else may have a bit more knowledge on it but I'm pretty sure you just run an app and are given a code as Samsung made the mistake of storing them on the device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Yeah there is an app to do that alright Jacko. Can't think of the name of it though. I'm sure a quick google will tell you where the file is on the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 hi.im.fred

yeah its simple to unlock but i wouldnt be going with that provider tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

This app perhaps...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 hi.im.fred

DustyBuzz wrote: »
    I've never been with any other provider and I never really had a need to change. Any particular reason you say that? Am open to advice here :D
    Many Reasons!!
    but the data gets laggy and drops a lot!!!
    Ive found with the galaxy when i called up, no-one wanted to help me out. simple picture messaging issue.
    The coverage isn't great.
    There is better price plans and better deals!

The list could go on and on!

Advertisement