Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 - do they have EDGE coverage?

Options
  • 28-05-2011 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

On my HTC Wildfire only ever has GPRS or 3G no EDGE is it the phone or the network?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

EDGE is coming to Vodafone (and in parts of the country is already here). And once it's fully up and running then Three can piggyback on EDGE when there's no 3G coverage.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

cookie1977 wrote: »
    EDGE is coming to Vodafone (and in parts of the country is already here). And once it's fully up and running then Three can piggyback on EDGE when there's no 3G coverage.
    Hmm, interesting.

I use 3 at the moment, but there is often times where Vodafone is the provider I have to fall to, but GPRS is rubbish.

It'd be good if 3 can utilise Voda's EDGE when it's rolled out fully, as while it is not superfast, it's better than the GPRS.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I've started to pick up Edge a few times so I guess it will be down to Vodafones rollout.

Advertisement