Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer from DIT to UCD

Options
  • 28-05-2011 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi everyone!

Currently I am in DIT studying Engineering.

I want to do Arts in UCD but Im way off in terms of points.

Now I never did my summer exams because I have another course in DBS but I dont think this is for me either.

I have applied for an external transfer in UCD just there.

What are the odds of getting it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

AngryHappy wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Currently I am in DIT studying Engineering.

I want to do Arts in UCD but Im way off in terms of points.

Now I never did my summer exams because I have another course in DBS but I dont think this is for me either.

I have applied for an external transfer in UCD just there.

What are the odds of getting it?

You had the points to do Engineering but not enough for Arts? Are you sure OP? Unless it was a level 6/7 you did I find that pretty strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AngryHappy

I got 315 but really want to do it.

Any suggestions?

I feel as if there is nothing I can do!

I was in level 7 in DIT

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

AngryHappy wrote: »
    I got 315 but really want to do it.

Any suggestions?

I feel as if there is nothing I can do!

I was in level 7 in DIT

As far as I know, if you're applying for a transfer, you have to have reached the requirements of the year that you're applying for; so that'd be 355 points(I think?) for Arts in UCD.
    The fact that your current course isn't related to the one you want to do doesn't exactly help either, nor does the fact that you haven't completed the year. In this case its sort of like you're applying with no qualifications, which is essentially what the CAO is for so they would probably reccommend you reapply there.
    If you really, really want to do arts then the best thing you could do would probably be a Pre-Arts PLC course. A couple of my friends did them, you can pick Artsy subjects, History, Geography, Politics, and if you do well in them (Distinction) it raises your Leaving Cert points, as well as being recognised by certain institutions, so that you can reapply with the CAO and be pretty much guaranteed a place.(Provided you put the work in and points don't sky rocket) My friends did it at Dunboyne College of Further Education but I'm sure they offer similar courses in all CFE's so you could check out the ones nearer to you for more details.
    Best of luck!

Advertisement