Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog ate two big fish

• 28-05-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

hi everyone i just have to ask a question and i know it might sound totally totally stupid but i have a bitch thats due to pup in one week and after a fishing trip to the local lake today and i dont know how it happened but the fish ended up being devoured by the dog the fish are rainbow trout from a stocked lake and they are about 2lb each and she fully ate the two fish raw including the head and all
    i know a small bit of fish is good for a dog but my question is will this much raw fish all at the one time do the dog any harm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

smokin ace wrote: »
    hi everyone i just have to ask a question and i know it might sound totally totally stupid but i have a bitch thats due to pup in one week and after a fishing trip to the local lake today and i dont know how it happened but the fish ended up being devoured by the dog the fish are rainbow trout from a stocked lake and they are about 2lb each and she fully ate the two fish raw including the head and all
    i know a small bit of fish is good for a dog but my question is will this much raw fish all at the one time do the dog any harm

Correct me if I'm wrong but I highly doubt that would do any harm at all, don't worry. I might be a bit worried about bones getting stuck but if she's alright now that shouldn't be a problem. Greedy doggy though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

Daisy! wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I highly doubt that would do any harm at all, don't worry. Greedy doggy though :)

thats good to hear i was just a bit worried that so much raw fish at the one time would make her sick or something and thats the last thing i want happening to her especially when she is so close to pupping
    she is never greedy with her food and she is getting fed twice a day and she stops eating when she is full but i dont know why she devoured the two fish

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

should be ok. that said, fish have a lot of internal parasites. so if she gets a sicky tummy you will know why

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

should be ok. that said, fish have a lot of internal parasites. so if she gets a sicky tummy you will know why

i hope she will be ok the last thing i want is a dog that gets sick and goes off her food a week before she has pups
    but if she is ok tomorrow i will be worrying for nothing
    the internal parasites you said about would they be worms or something else because if its only worms that can be easily sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

worms at the worst yeah. good luck with the pups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

no expert, but while preg she should be eating more than twice a day. should also be on a good quality puppy food

Advertisement