Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Voiding my Sky Service Contract

• 28-05-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

If I connect another feed to the lnb and then seal connections with almalgating tape will this void my service contract.

Also does this tape leave a sticky mess when removing it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It will not void your contract.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Self-amalgamating tape does not leave a sticky mess either (are you thinking of Denso tape?)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Usually the LNB has a shield which drops down over the f connectors to weatherproof the connections, last time I changed my LNB after lightning blew it I just added a little bit of black electrical tape around the F connector to keep it firmly attached to the cable then you drop the shield down over the connectors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

There is no metal parts exposed to the elements as such but the tech guys here recommend sealing with self amalgating tape, I guess to prevent damp air getting in and causing rust.

I doubt electrical tape would last very long tbh.

I was concerned that if I add another feed and seal lnb connections and suppose dish went out of alignment would I void my service contract if I had to call them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

danjo-xx wrote: »

I was concerned that if I add another feed and seal lnb connections and suppose dish went out of alignment would I void my service contract if I had to call them out.

nope wont void it , sky will try to charge you eur100 for a call out .

• Advertisement
Advertisement