Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert English Paper 1 essay

• 28-05-2011 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi, im really really worried about my essay for paper one,does any body have some A essays i can use..or are u recommended to go in and just make one up? leaving cert is just over a week away would really appreciate some help.. im desperate!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

Nobody can help you. You can not learn off paper 1 essays.

in the ~10 days left, do a few of the ones in the past exam papers, find a type of essay that suits you (discussion/short story etc) and read the news. There's time to do one or two a day, get your teachers advice if you can. Don't freak out, and good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Generally the whole point of Paper 1 is to use your imagination. It's one of the few parts of the LC where you can actually express yourself. I wouldn't recommend learning anything off by heart because you might have difficulty changing it according to the question on the day.

Also, I don't know if they actually check for plagiarism but I wouldn't recommend taking someone else's essay and using it for yourself.

Try to find the best type that suits you (short story? article?) and work on them over the next week.

Just make sure you read over it and check your spelling and grammar afterwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

njd2010 wrote: »
    You can not learn off paper 1 essays.

Eh,yes you can! :rolleyes:

Advertisement