Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gotta hand it to.......

• 28-05-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

There are some game developers that know how people tick and try to make things as easy as possible.

For those interested in this forum, we appreciate those that make file sharing and replay saving easy and convenient.

I have just started playing Frozen Synapse from Mode 7 Games. Has the replay process nailed down - highlights popular matches on main screen, allows players to search for replays by nickname and allows for instant export to YouTube

Super Street Fighter 4 has a good replay system in that players can save files locally...and can then invite others to a lobby to be able to watch. I'm looking forward to seeing AE with the new Elite player channel. At least the local saves allow for recording later at your leisure too when you can keep an eye on equipment.

So what developers do you appreciate?

🤪

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm very impressed with their upload features. Finding it hard to get into the game itself but thats due to time constraints etc...

The ability to not to have to render is great too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I wouldn't be too quick to congratulate Capcom, the lack of replay in Marvel vc Capcom 3 (a game devved a year after Super Street fighter 4) is very shoddy. 1 step forward... Can't speak for other genres, but for fighting games these days, video footage is life blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

That is a good point about MvC3...Even more bizarre is that players cannot spectate matches but just sit at lobby screen and watch lifebars drain. Even that would be something so that people could record live matches / FT10s from a third party account.

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    That is a good point about MvC3...Even more bizarre is that players cannot spectate matches but just sit at lobby screen and watch lifebars drain. Even that would be something so that people could record live matches / FT10s from a third party account.

Yup I've effectively been using online ft10 tournaments as earlier experiments for streaming our tournaments in super. I would say they ran out of time with MvC3 as everything outside of the core offline game itself is very poor.

Advertisement