Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Help

Options
  • 28-05-2011 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

1. I'm trying to activate my wifi on my blackberry curve I've entered all the information and it looks like it has activated but at the top of the screen it says edge I've been told that it should be in capitals so have I done it wrong?

2. I'm also trying to activate my email account which is a hotmail account but when I try to activate it just gives me something to do with a Blackberry Enterprise Server.

Thanks and sorry if this is confusing I don't know much about Blackberry so this is a new area for me :pac::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

David086 wrote: »
    1. I'm trying to activate my wifi on my blackberry curve I've entered all the information and it looks like it has activated but at the top of the screen it says edge I've been told that it should be in capitals so have I done it wrong?

2. I'm also trying to activate my email account which is a hotmail account but when I try to activate it just gives me something to do with a Blackberry Enterprise Server.

Thanks and sorry if this is confusing I don't know much about Blackberry so this is a new area for me :pac::pac:

So first you need to have a Blackberry service on your account (BIS). It's an extra available on bill pay or or some networks as pre pay. What network are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Coldzone

Hey David086

If the edge is in small letters it means the add on isnt setup. If your device is Meteor the My Blackberry to 50104 and this should set it up.

If the email is only giving you the enterprise server option it means the device is missing some service books

Go to Menu- Options- Mobile network- Hit menu and select Diagnostic Test- Hit menu and Run.
    this should fix the missing service books and allow the email setup

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

Thanks for your comments guys. I now know that I need the BIS add on which isn't available to pre pay for O2 (got phone off dad from work). If I got the phone unlocked could EDGE mode be activated?

It's only on Vodafone and Meteor that prepay BIS will work. if you get the device unlocked and move to 1 of these networks it will work then.

Coldzone wrote: »
    It's only on Vodafone and Meteor that prepay BIS will work. if you get the device unlocked and move to 1 of these networks it will work then.

O2 will launch pre pay BIS probably by the end of this month but no guarantees.

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »
    O2 will launch pre pay BIS probably by the end of this month but no guarantees.

From what I've heard its looking very unlikely that they will

From what I've heard its looking very unlikely that they will

Unlikely end of this month or unlikely period?

----

Oh emobile (runs on meteor network) also have pre pay bis. Currently meteor's/emobile pricing for pre pay bis is the best value I think. So if signal is good with them you can always go there until O2 do launch it.

Unlikely end of this month or unlikely period?

----

Oh emobile (runs on meteor network) also have pre pay bis. Currently meteor's/emobile pricing for pre pay bis is the best value I think. So if signal is good with them you can always go there until O2 do launch it.

I heard for at least the next few months. The trade in offer has annoyed bb like why do that and then want bb to help you sell the fons.

I heard for at least the next few months. The trade in offer has annoyed bb like why do that and then want bb to help you sell the fons.

What was the trade in offer coldzone?

What was the trade in offer coldzone?

Trade in your curve 8520 and port network and get a free nokia c3, s/e x8 or samsung ping chat and €50 credit

Offer seems ok but u give up your bbm which I can't lol

• Advertisement

Trade in your curve 8520 and port network and get a free nokia c3, s/e x8 or samsung ping chat and €50 credit

Offer seems ok but u give up your bbm which I can't lol

Ah. I didn't see that offer. Can see why rim would be pi**ed at that.

Ah. I didn't see that offer. Can see why rim would be pi**ed at that.

Its just O2 trying to compete with the others selling lots of bbs.
    Yeah O2 would be weird doing this then trying to sell bb at d end of d month lol

Advertisement