Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising company

Options
  • 28-05-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hope this is in the right section i think it is but mods please move me if its not :)

I have a website that sees a lot of traffic currently not covered by the advertising company i am using. Its very frustrating as over 2/3 of my traffic is from countries other then countries they cover ( they cover USA, canada, ireland, france, uk, austrailla, brazil, portugal and a few other small ones)..

My questions is does anyone know of an ads company with good rates from countries like italy, spain or russia? even other countries that are not listed above?

Also is it possible to show certain ads to certain IP address fro each country?

Any help would be great :)

Thanks

Twig.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Hard to know unless you can advise what sort of advertising you are using (Adwords or display advertising through non-Google agencies) and what type of product/service you are promoting.

There's a lot of variables - for example there's the 80/20 rule 80% of your business coming from 20% of customers. Perhaps the countries not covered may account for visits but don't convert into customers? Perhaps there aren't suitable site available in these countries or it's difficult to do business with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭twig

BrianD wrote: »
    Hard to know unless you can advise what sort of advertising you are using (Adwords or display advertising through non-Google agencies) and what type of product/service you are promoting.

There's a lot of variables - for example there's the 80/20 rule 80% of your business coming from 20% of customers. Perhaps the countries not covered may account for visits but don't convert into customers? Perhaps there aren't suitable site available in these countries or it's difficult to do business with them.

Thanks for reply..

erm we use spotxchange, adsense and harrenmedia at the moment! They cover alot of countries but i am looking to find specific ones to show when a person from a certain country comes.. Is it possible to pop an ad according to ip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Hey Op,

sorry for wading in late, but whats your site? Some display and CPA networks differ in the type of traffic they'll take and some have different tools to allow rotation.

I presume its a case of you having a site and wanting to Geo target ads to your users so you can make money?

I'd suggest using some sort of CPA deal with a decent georedirect or fully international ad.

Advertisement