Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right, time to take out the trash...

Options
  • 28-05-2011 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, it annoys me no end that people keep disappearing from the Journo job or just don't bother their arses.

So I've thrown my name in the hat again. Speech up in the usual place. Just giving ye a heads-up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I see your making friends in the clubroom ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

mar-z wrote: »
    I see your making friends in the clubroom ;)

I haven't even paid any of it any attention to be honest. I think I went on a rant about people not being able to string a sentence together, then got pissed off and decided to just go for it.

Oh, I see the lad that's going on the defensive following my rant. I'm pretty sure I didn't single him out, or did I?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh, I see the lad that's going on the defensive following my rant. I'm pretty sure I didn't single him out, or did I?

Just post up an apology and hug it out!:p

I think you wrote something along the lines of more aiming at Lirlads opposition (who I think was only this guy) when referring to a lack of ability in English. So you might have inadvertently (sp?) singled him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

"that" guy bugs me... on the offsite agus clubrooms

TheJims wrote: »
    "that" guy bugs me... on the offsite agus clubrooms

Really? I haven't noticed him enough to be bugged or not. Does he post much these days?

I also only used the this/that guy because I was too lazy to look up to actual username and didn't want people being confused if I just said Dave, which is all I could remember.

I think you wrote something along the lines of more aiming at Lirlads opposition (who I think was only this guy) when referring to a lack of ability in English. So you might have inadvertently (sp?) singled him out.

Ah, I probably did single him out, I'm a cantankerous **** sure. I wasn't especially talking about this IrishDave chap, but the lad strikes me as an absolute "twonk" as he called me. What the hell is a twonk? I hope I used it correctly, I may consult him on it.

Twonk??? lol ...

he swaned in a few weeks ago, applied for every job goin n doesnt know whos really active in the community. callin someone a "twonk" on the offsite thinking they wouldnt see it is hilarious, not that its a very abusive term, just hilarious.

ah shur.. we'll see how it goes, you got my vote fewcifur, if at the end of the season you do a paragraph on my successful first full BR season :-P

Ah, I probably did single him out, I'm a cantankerous **** sure. I wasn't especially talking about this IrishDave chap, but the lad strikes me as an absolute "twonk" as he called me. What the hell is a twonk? I hope I used it correctly, I may consult him on it.

I can see where the frustration comes from with all the resignations though. Especially to such a cantankerous old fool as yourself!

It is a bit irratating when not even the candidates take the job seriously (seriously is probably the wrong word as it's a game maybe dedicatately, if that is indeed a word). Sure IrishDave said himself (well words to the effect anyway) that the position is not held in high regard and he didn't want to go through the motions of an election to lose. If that was the attitude of people going for the NT job they would probably be ridiculed Greyhound style.

• Advertisement

Really? I haven't noticed him enough to be bugged or not. Does he post much these days?

I also only used the this/that guy because I was too lazy to look up to actual username and didn't want people being confused if I just said Dave, which is all I could remember.

This is what got me... this is his reply to one of fetch's ideas,
    Quoting: user.premium.pngfetchI'm not too bothered about who gets the job. We need a journalist more than we need a nobel laureate. Hopefully with all the interest it's attracted - Fewcifur, Lir-lad, Irishdave and Caladras, it will be possible for the eventual journalist to create a panel of writers which will help to lighten the individual load, and give each other a little cover in the event that one or more has to go on an unexpected or protracted absence.

I don't work well as a number two I am afraid, so I won't be helping in that regard. When you are the boss in one game, it is difficult to come across and be number 2 or part of a team in that way.

Not willing to help as a community, feckin dictators :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

fetch wrote:
    I'm not too bothered about who gets the job. We need a journalist more than we need a nobel laureate. Hopefully with all the interest it's attracted - Fewcifur, Lir-lad, Irishdave and Caladras, it will be possible for the eventual journalist to create a panel of writers which will help to lighten the individual load, and give each other a little cover in the event that one or more has to go on an unexpected or protracted absence.

IRISH DAVE: I don't work well as a number two I am afraid, so I won't be helping in that regard. When you are the boss in one game, it is difficult to come across and be number 2 or part of a team in that way.

I was not happy with that also..still trying to work out how to vote.:o

Edit: Log in page... should have looked at the left more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Haven't been following this to closely but you have my vote fewcifur

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I never knew irishdave upset so many people! i think he's a nice enough fella but just says things straight out when maybe a bit more tact is needed.

As for voting, fewifur you had me at hello

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I must say I don't have a problem with him either, like anybody, when he felt his intelligence (or English ability) was being questioned in public his reaction was to come out fighting.

Phonehead wrote: »
    I must say I don't have a problem with him either, like anybody, when he felt his intelligence (or English ability) was being questioned in public his reaction was to come out fighting.

As I said I don' have a problem with him (well I said I hadn't noticed him enough to have a problem or not but hope that came across that I don't)

My only issues were with some of the things he said as brought up here with regards to the journo position. This doesn't mean I have a problem with him but means I wouldn't vote for him in the elections if he had remained running. However maybe I'm being harsh there and they were said in anger which would be a mitigating factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I think he was speaking in anger as he is helping me out with the NT training so he is more than willing. I just think what he needed to say was that he couldn't work with Fewcifur:D Itchy and Scratchy;)

Yeah, thought that bit was funny too.

Ah his attitude was all wrong well before I said anything, reading his posts was the straw that broke this camel's back.
    I think he was speaking in anger as he is helping me out with the NT training so he is more than willing. I just think what he needed to say was that he couldn't work with Fewcifur:D Itchy and Scratchy;)

Election isn't over yet, he made his statement as a blanket one. He could well find himself winning the position yet, actually I'd love if he did... let's see him perform actions rather than spout words.

Advertisement