Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth Whitening?

• 28-05-2011 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Jus Wondering whats the average price of this procedure and is it really worth in the long run?
    Any help apreciated
    David:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Jus Wondering whats the average price of this procedure and is it really worth in the long run?
    Any help apreciated
    David:D

What kind of procedure are you asking about op? Laser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

anything really the dentist can offer lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Laser whitening does work in the short term. Got it done a couple of months ago and there was a definite improvement, but after a few weeks they went back to their normal (dis)colour:( Now, I'm a smoker and a big tea drinker which may explain why the results didn't last. It cost €69 through citydeals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I did the laser whitening through boards deals, paid €90 for a half hr treatment with White Smiles clinic, it's been 5 months and I still find my teeth are a lot whiter, even though I drink a lot of tea. I was told though if you smoke that the laser wouldn't be great. My aunt found no improvement in her teeth after it because hers are stained from smoking. My brother did his too and his are fantastically white considering he doesn't mind them really. I'd definitely recommend it, but not to a smoker, unless you're willing to quit :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

lindtee wrote: »
    Laser whitening does work in the short term. Got it done a couple of months ago and there was a definite improvement, but after a few weeks they went back to their normal (dis)colour:( Now, I'm a smoker and a big tea drinker which may explain why the results didn't last. It cost €69 through citydeals.

wow thats cheap! pity it didnt last,did it make your teeth more sensitive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

serenacat wrote: »
    wow thats cheap! pity it didnt last,did it make your teeth more sensitive?

They were only sensitive for 3 or 4 days afterwards. Kind of knew it wouldn't last after reading reviews online but I hoped I might be the exception:o But if you are not a smoker I would say go for it. Keep an eye on the various deal sites as teeth whitening often comes up for around the €70 mark. http://www.dealpage.ie/ is a great site to keep an eye on them all:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I did the laser whitening through boards deals, paid €90 for a half hr treatment with White Smiles clinic, it's been 5 months and I still find my teeth are a lot whiter, even though I drink a lot of tea. I was told though if you smoke that the laser wouldn't be great. My aunt found no improvement in her teeth after it because hers are stained from smoking. My brother did his too and his are fantastically white considering he doesn't mind them really. I'd definitely recommend it, but not to a smoker, unless you're willing to quit :o

link please?

Advertisement