Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo landscape - c&c

• 29-05-2011 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi all.. up late and can't sleep so thought I'd throw an image up here for the craic. This is a panoramic image consisting of 5 or 6 images shot in portrait format, and stitched together in Photoshop. It's taken a few months ago in Achill island Co. Mayo, If you look very close you can see a lone sheep on top of the right-hand cliff, it gives you an idea of the scale! All c&c welcome :-) Rob.

achill-panorama.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Can't fault it in any way, cracking photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

very nice.

a classic landscape

very little evidence of the stitch and anywhere you might think "maybe" it could also be creases in the water, so that is good.

i think you've done really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pikaia

I love it, cracking shot and easy on the eye. Could definetly see it on a canvas.

Regards
    Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Fantastic photo, is that Keem ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

Excellent shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Beautiful,looks amazing on ipad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Wow! Fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

Well done, I am spoiled I see views like that every day here in County Mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Fantastic shot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Cheers for all the reply's! Achill is beautifull, I especially like Atlantic drive, some spectacular views and waves.
    Joe10000 wrote: »
    Fantastic photo, is that Keem ?

Hi, no its a bay beside a village called Ashleam on the Atlantic drive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

one thing which is slightly niggling for me is there's what looks like slight haloing in the top right corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

This really is a beautiful shot and the stitching is done perfectly. The photo was taken at a great time with the sun setting over the sea which provides those wonderful yellows and oranges in the sky. The only issue I see is maybe a touch of burnout above the cloud where the sun is setting but perhaps this can be retrieved if you shot in raw. All in all though, an excellent capture. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

one thing which is slightly niggling for me is there's what looks like slight haloing in the top right corner.

It's defiantly there alight, its in the raw image also.. which makes me think that it may be caused by the cameras sensor (not sure if this can happen?). Its worse in this edited version. Thanks for pointing it out anyhow, time to google the causes and cures for haloing!
    This really is a beautiful shot and the stitching is done perfectly. The photo was taken at a great time with the sun setting over the sea which provides those wonderful yellows and oranges in the sky. The only issue I see is maybe a touch of burnout above the cloud where the sun is setting but perhaps this can be retrieved if you shot in raw. All in all though, an excellent capture. Well done.

Thanks for pointing this out I didn't even notice.. I do indeed have a raw version so could be fixed hopefully. I remember hearing that when it comes to printing if the highlights get past a certain point the printer wont put any ink on the page (makes perfect sense). Not sure if this can cause a problem with a print over time or is even noticeable, but its sounds best avoided just in case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Awesome! :)

Advertisement