Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what does ye make of perth

Options
  • 29-05-2011 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

im heading to perth on the 17th of august just wondering whats the place like and is there still plenty work out there? im going out to my cousin who has a house and is gonna try and get me in were hes working but just wanna know incase i have to go looking?
    cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Xavi you live in Perth Who is this "Ye" bloke this lad is looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Zambia wrote: »
    Xavi you live in Perth Who is this "Ye" bloke this lad is looking for?

He sounds Asian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

mandrake04 wrote: »
    He sounds Asian.

Excellent you have narrowed it down to a third of the city's population - good work :pac:

OP, same as most places, depends on the type of work you are looking for and how much experience you have in it.

For instance if you can weld polypipe and dont mind fly in fly out you'll be grand!

As regards the city, its nice and relaxed, lots of activity during the summer months, though coming into winter now and havent been here for one before, the outdoor lifestyle is somewhat curtailed. The place caters for all kinds of sports if play anything at all, and there is hardly a suburb without a 50m pool in it.

They do tend to have a lot of stuff on though, the winter arts festival is starting for instance

http://www.perthwinterarts.com.au/

Good few GAA clubs around the place if you are into it, and there is an irish club in subiaco if you miss hearing the brogue from home. That or there are a few irish pubs dotted around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Ill be there myself on the 2nd of September OP, might see ya there!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

STIG83 wrote: »

and me around the 20th of October once Ireland get knocked out of rugby world cup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 fergalevo

STIG83 wrote: »

No bother man ha

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

im in Perth 12 months now and I havent seen things as quiet workwise.In construction the jobs are harder to come by,I think this is mainly because of the influx of Irish.There is jobs but it may take you a few weeks to get sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CatchLight

I'm in Perth as well. Just wanted to reiterate how quiet (work-wise) it is here. Make sure you have enough cash to keep you going for a couple of months just in case.

(Note: I may just be useless at job-hunting)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

lived tere for a while in rockingham, its nice but can get boring! depends on what you want to do, good out door lifestyle but one thing i noticed you dont see kids in the street, i like it but wouldnt live tere! but enjoy yourself its a nice spot

Advertisement