Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 phase colours

Options
  • 29-05-2011 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭

Do the rules make any mention on wiring a small 3 phase installation. Is it required to be the brown, black, grey colours, or is the standard twin + earth allowed out to final circuits these days?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

If your sockets are 3 phase stick to the 3 phase colours. If they are single phase , brown blue and earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Well for any 3 phase circuits its likely a 5 core cable with proper colours is used if circuits are not being wired with individual pvc single core cables. Im just curious is any mention of it made in rules now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

Theres a section in rules. i read it a while bak.i think u can do the SP either way but theyre done br bl normaly afaik

3P phase finals phases correct colours SP finals br bl generally afaik but i think the rules say you can use phase colours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

M cebee wrote: »
    3P phase finals phases correct colours SP finals br bl generally afaik but i think the rules say you can use phase colours

I was thinking that alright, its really about being able to use PVC/PVC wiring etc. So that looks fine anyway.

• Advertisement

yes you should be fine with t+e for SP finals on the 3-phase board

all the 13amp sockets are br/bl in a large commercial building where i do maintenance

Advertisement