Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stains on Karate Suit

• 29-05-2011 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Has anybody got any ideas how to get rid of stains from a white karate suit.

I've tried to an oil type mark on the leg of Karate suit out but its very persistent. I washed loads of times, Hot washes, also soaking it, bought various stain removers and put washing liquid - washing powder mix on it over night before washing but it is still there.:mad:

I gather the leg of the karate suit rubbed off a car. The thing is my son has a similar mark on his suit and a couple of people in the club can't get stains out of their suits.

IS THERE ANY GENUINE SOLUTIONS TO REMOVE UNKNOWN STAINS.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

If its an oil stain off a car then not much is going to be able to shift it.Im open to correction on this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

just buy new karate pants and don't wear them outside the dojo. this is a laundry question not a martial arts question.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Hey OP.

Try to get white dye from a chemist. It might take a few goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

i had a couple of stains on my white bjj gi and managed to remove them using vanish oxi spray. I hot washed it first and then sprayed the areas with oxi. I worked over the stain with a nailbrush and then washed again without allowing it to dry. Took about 2 or 3 goes but it came out perfect (did shrink a little bit though due to the hot washes).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shotokan 1969

Thanks for the tips i'll give them a try.

Spent a fortune on the Karate Gi and i haven't got it very long.

I don't know if any else feels it but when i put this Gi on over any other one I have i feel it can give be the extra edge when competing, it fits like a glove and sounds great when doing katas (cracks and whips).

• Advertisement
Advertisement