Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combats for sale in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

For work or foxing I use long green german original army issue pants, for hunting I love the ones that stop below the knee and use gaiters. cost 20-25 euro for either new. They'd be available in fleck tarn to. Sold on Several German webshops. I might be ordering in a few before the next season.
    edi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

ejg wrote: »
    For work or foxing I use long green german original army issue pants, for hunting I love the ones that stop below the knee and use gaiters. cost 20-25 euro for either new. They'd be available in fleck tarn to. Sold on Several German webshops. I might be ordering in a few before the next season
    edi

What appeals to me is if they are not milspec and does not look out of place walking around the town, or in the field.

I also find them very comfortable for general working.

Fleck tarn is a bit to loud colour for me, something more subtle.

I also like decent pockets for carrying shooting gear in warmer weather when a jack is not worn.(some of the tesco trousers had small side pockets and if you sit down contetnts fall out, not very good in the field or on a range.

Have you any links for German sites with English translation?
    Us sites shipping is a killer.
    UK sites have just British DPM which I prefer not to wear.
    I'm after army style as opposed to Rambo :D

34" waist 32" leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭fourtycoats

Have a look at http://www.thecamoshop.ie/. He carries the Helikon range which includes plain color trousers in combat style very like 5.11 but at half the price( €31). He also has a shop in Finglas in Dublin.

Have a look at http://www.thecamoshop.ie/. He carries the Helikon range which includes plain color trousers in combat style very like 5.11 but at half the price( €31). He also has a shop in Finglas in Dublin.

Not looking for mil-spec just more casual/everyday shooter friendly clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Try www.recon-company.com Big surplus company in Germany,ring or email them ,they speak English if you have any problems.

www.enforcer-military.de

www.cop-shop.de more geared towards police,army,paramedic and fire depts.Certain things they WILL NOT sell to the GP,but clothing is usually fine,as it isnt current issue.

www.RANGER-SHOP.de

By and large 99% of these places speak English,and will be only too happy to speak or handle the sales via email in English too.
    Any of them should have you kitted out in BW combats and shirts in no time.:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

i have a pull over jacket that i have for a few years. i bought in the birr fair a couple of years ago from the edinburgh clothing store i think it cost me €90 at the time. its a might jacket in bad weather and all i wear with it is a t shirt underneath. if your buying a combat pance you better off geting something thats gortex lined or the likes there the best of them. i see the fca stuff and stuff in army surplus stores are good for wind but can't keep out heavy rain and out rough shooting tearing off bushes and things only tears the protective layer on the coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

Not looking for mil-spec just more casual/everyday shooter friendly clothes

Have you tried ebay tackle.Theres a huge selection of combats there.
    Just search combats.
    Atleast a cheaper option.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Army-Military-Camo-Camoflage-Combat-Trousers-Pants-/180511820921?pt=UK_Men_s_Trousers&var=&hash=item6fc264d80a

atleast worth a try.

I have gotten a few pairs there before,quite happy with them.:D

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Try www.recon-company.com Big surplus company in Germany,ring or email them ,they speak English if you have any problems.

www.enforcer-military.de

www.cop-shop.de more geared towards police,army,paramedic and fire depts.Certain things they WILL NOT sell to the GP,but clothing is usually fine,as it isnt current issue.

www.RANGER-SHOP.de

By and large 99% of these places speak English,and will be only too happy to speak or handle the sales via email in English too.
    Any of them should have you kitted out in BW combats and shirts in no time.:D

They are all very expensive except the plain green ones.
    I shy away from spending top dollar on combats as barbie wire loves expensive clothing.
    €40 is my kind of fair price tag and the ones for that price seem all surplus.

Tesco "good Quality" trousers were €28 a price that suited, the latest ones are under €20 and the quality is reflected in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

I bought some plain green olive combats at country fair last year, €10 a pair, i wear them all the time for work and play, they're light enough so not for the depths of winter !!

At that price they were gr8 value, just wish I bought more :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

ebay.co.uk is your friend. you can select the prices to be cheapest first including p&p. i bought my pair of cammo trousers on there. they are basically work pants with normal pockets. 2 Ar$e pockets and then 2 big pockets on the legs with a phone pouch. also theres a string in the pocket with a clip for your keys which is very handy out when lying down and stuff.
    also they kept warm in this cold winter we had with no problems at all and cool enough in the summer.
    20euro delivered. there are great army/work/hunting shops on ebay that sell great stuff like this. mine had a large selection from plain grey or gree to woodland cammo and urban cammo.

alos tack try penny's. they might not have much to suit now but when the winter stuff come into stock they combats and stuff for dirt cheap that will last longer than your most expensive stuff.

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    ebay.co.uk is your friend. you can select the prices to be cheapest first including p&p. i bought my pair of cammo trousers on there. they are basically work pants with normal pockets. 2 Ar$e pockets and then 2 big pockets on the legs with a phone pouch. also theres a string in the pocket with a clip for your keys which is very handy out when lying down and stuff.
    also they kept warm in this cold winter we had with no problems at all and cool enough in the summer.
    20euro delivered. there are great army/work/hunting shops on ebay that sell great stuff like this. mine had a large selection from plain grey or gree to woodland cammo and urban cammo.

alos tack try penny's. they might not have much to suit now but when the winter stuff come into stock they combats and stuff for dirt cheap that will last longer than your most expensive stuff.

How do you find the sizing?
    I know for example Levis, Jack & Jones, Tesco and a few others are ll fine on me 34" 32

I went into Heatons this week and they have nice combats but their sizes are waaaaaaaaaaay wrong. There 34 is more like 32 and they had no 36 to try on.

I hate clothes shopping so I want to buy a couple of pairs and have it done

http://cgi.ebay.ie/MILITARY-SFU-ARMY-COMBAT-CARGO-TROUSERS-RIPSTOP-COYOTE-/260765486722?pt=UK_Men_s_Trousers&var=&hash=item82643aa8d4#ht_3537wt_934

heres a shop i found before i head to work with a quick search. see the size section below the name. you can pick the size there in alot of the search results. i ordered mine and picked the wrong size. i emailed them my size and told them the mistake and i got the proper size. 34-36 is damn hard to find. i usually have to get 34-34

edit. scroll down and they have a size guide for their products and more pants

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

34" waist 32" leg

Aha, wider than long....

edi

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AL 555

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

Hey tack,google armysurplusorg any try their BDU combats. Very similar to the tesco ones but heavier. Good price and every time you buy from this site you get a discount which builds up like a no claims bonus. Also great for general camo stuff

ejg wrote: »
    Aha, wider than long....

edi

Long and thin goes too far in, short and thick does the trick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I love these.
    s7_941125_999_01?rgn=0,0,657,2000&scl=5.2631578947368425&fmt=jpeg&id=0a9hvpLJUmnksODe8RSKjR

Quilted lined pants are the way to go for Ireland. Briars slide right off of the front. Don't mind taking a knee either.

Look around, they come in camo. I bought a pair a few years ago. I think I am going to order another.
    s7_942459_055_02?rgn=0,0,863,2000&scl=5.2631578947368425&fmt=jpeg&id=3MJA7_g7ocoPqWsomol6Iu

Not my style FISMA

All the shops here have combat shorts but no trousers on the rack.

http://www.next.co.uk/g362336s1#121535g36

Like the above, but they do not come in my size :(

i misread what you probably meant how do i find the sizes tac when i was rushing to work. i presume you meant how do i find the 34 waist towards the sizes in shops here. :rolleyes:

the ones i bought had a max waist of 34. (bad choice) i should have got the 36 because they have clips where you can tightened the waist to make it fit.
    these seem to be common on work pants and such style pants.

i also know what you mean about everything been shorts in stock now. i was looking for some combats and the likes recently for a change to going out all the time in jeans and it was all shorts and 3/4 lengths. winter stock is what you'll have to keep an eye out for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Tack,
    Check out sportsmansguide.com they have tons of mil surp and all. Try a search on cargo and pants.

• Advertisement

FISMA wrote: »
    Tack,
    Check out sportsmansguide.com they have tons of mil surp and all. Try a search on cargo and pants.

Nothing there that I like.

Your Order subtotal is: £29.99
    + Delivery to Ireland: 16.00
    Including VAT of £7.67
    Final Total: £45.99
    Or €53 delivered

http://www.warfighters.co.uk/detail.asp?c_urn=1293&cart_urn=718904&urn=12537

There has to be cheaper out there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

Tack,
    I was in the same predicament as yourself.
    Found this shop on the Quay in Waterford.
    I got a pair of combat style pants - non military looking for €32.50 on Friday just gone.
    He has them in green, grey and dark brown.
    He also has the usual military looking ones aswell.
    I didnt know but he stocks ammo aswell and has a great range of interesting stuff.
    He doesnt show the cheaper combats I bought in the shop on his website, but he had plenty of them on Friday just gone.

http://www.gooutdoorireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

Hey Tack

try www.flecktarn.co.uk

I've gotten stuff from them in past with no hassles.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭chrisdolan11

fourtycoats whats your experience with thecamoshop in finglas looked it up there stuff looks good hard wearing and decent prices . you ever buy anything. the sizes are medium trousers wthat size would that fit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭fourtycoats

I have bought a good bit of kit from them over the last year. They do some new brands like the Helikon gear and some mil surplus items in Czech, Slovakian, German desert flecktarn etc. The Helikon stuff is very good value for money as it is well made, good materials and good designs. Helikon sizes are the same as US Army, e,g. Medium Regular is 31 inch to 35 inch waist and inside leg from 29 to 32 inch. So if you look at the US sizing charts used by most on line sellers, you will have all you need. Sample below:

Size Small
    Small X-Short ACU Trousers Up to 26 1/2 27 to 31
    Small Short ACU Trousers 26 1/2 to 29 1/2 27 to 31
    Small Regular ACU Trousers 29 1/2 to 32 1/2 27 to 31
    Small Long ACU Trousers 32 1/2 to 35 1/2 27 to 31

Small X-Long ACU Trousers
    35 1/2 to 38 1/2 27 to 31
    Small XX-Long ACU Trousers Over 38 1/2 27 to 31
    Size Medium
    Medium X-Short ACU Trousers Up to 26 1/2 31 to 35
    Medium Short ACU Trousers 26 1/2 to 29 1/2 31 to 35
    Medium Regular ACU Trousers 29 1/2 to 32 1/2 31 to 35
    Medium Long ACU Trousers 32 1/2 to 35 1/2 31 to 35
    Medium X-Long ACU Trousers 35 1/2 to 38 1/2 31 to 35
    Medium XX-Long ACU Trousers Over 38 1/2 31 to 35
    Size Large
    Large X-Short ACU Trousers Up to 26 1/2 35 to 39
    Large Short ACU Trousers 26 1/2 to 29 1/2 35 to 39
    Large Regular ACU Trousers 29 1/2 to 32 1/2 35 to 39
    Large Long ACU Trousers 32 1/2 to 35 1/2 35 to 39
    Large X-Long ACU Trousers 35 1/2 to 38 1/2 35 to 39
    Large XX-Long ACU Trousers Over 38 1/2 35 to 39

Still no trousers!!:(

I want a pair of combats style that are acceptable to wear to work & on a range.
    Trying to keep away from Mil Spec, but still camo.
    I have a pair of next combat shorts and I love them.(I can't get the trousers though :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭J. Ramone

Try this shop on ebay for craghoppers stuff.

http://stores.ebay.ie/Outdoorwales/Mens-/_i.html?_fsub=1258464017&_sid=77199657&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Great value if you order enough to keep the delivery down. Looks ideal for hunting/mucking around.

thanks for the sizing info will suss them out maybe take a spin first to make sure

craghoppers is good stuff can be got cheap in tk max 25 quid. as far as shooting goes there a bit light but you prob use chaps so theyll do just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

(7000 post ya!)

quality not quantity tack;)...

• Advertisement

i personally use a scandanavian brand called harkilla part of the seeland group. they dont come cheap but in my opinion the quality is ther. and there thorn proof and as good at deflecting barb wire as youll get . not 100% but will deflect most snags. but like i said cheap they aint. they do a leather fronted type but expect to pay 180 euro. but i have them 4 years leather is beat up but there still fine and have been through the mill

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement