Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bloodrayne game looks... kinda awesome actually

Options
  • 29-05-2011 12:03pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Being made by WayForward who are experts in making excellent 2D games so should be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Wow, that brings me back, I remember playing the first one on the Mac,
    It was great the way you could slice and dice up body parts in slow motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks brilliant.... perfect candidate for a Summer of Arcade title for XBLA?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Looks almost as good a Shank did prior to release. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shank always looked like a crappy flash game. This looks far better and sure it's Wayforward who are excellent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Meh, the new film in the consistently high quality Bloodrayne franchise looks better.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I think this is the first time I've ever seen a Bloodrayne game and thought "Hmmm, I might actually play this one"

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

Looks cool, lets hope the PSN store is back up and running by the time it is released ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

A bloodrayne fighter/platformer, I'll pass.
    I did enjoy the pc game shame there wasn't more of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Looks alright :)
    I would rather have a proper bloodrayne sequel tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Out today on XBLA. About a gig to download.
    Anyone tried it yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Played it earlier, looks great but kinda repetitive to play IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Looks really nice, gameplay based on demo is as mentioned repetitive and nothing that hasn't been done better before. You loose life rapidly, took me a few minutes to figure what was killing me..... the lights :o .

The way the screen scrolled sometimes by itself annoyed me as you could end up hitting enemies that were of screen because of the scroll.

I might enjoy playing the full game it was cheaper, it's not 1200 points good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Played it a little yesterday and enjoyed it. Combat flows really nicely and once you get the hang of how it works, you can quite quickly dispatch the fairly hefty number of enemies that are thrown at you. Didn't really have that much time on my hands but i liked the difficulty and the points system. I can see myself enjoying this one.

Possibly a little overpriced for what it is but if you like old school, tough, side scrollers, it might be of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Played the demo yesterday and im not impressed. Feels like the view is to close to the action, could do with being further away. Although taking another look at that video the camera does seem to pan out at some points, hmph. The combat lacked impact also, felt like paper characters attacking each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just after playing the demo. First off, it looks stunning. I'm loving the comic booky art-style. Unfortunately though, they went a little too far with the text speech and dodgey typing sound effects. Don't get me wrong, the speech bubbles are a cool touch, but a few voice-overs wouldn't go astray.
    Gameplay-wise, it's ok. Some cool moves in there (like infecting an enemy, and blowing him up later when you can score some extra kills outta him), but the lights that seem to be almost everywhere tend to but a dampener on the action every time it starts to get hot. The controls can feel a bit stiff too, especially when wall-jumping (although the slid-backflip is a great touch).
    Also, worth mentioning that the demo is acyually nice and long, which I really appreciated.
    All in all though, I don't reckon I'll buy it. It's not bad, but it's not great either. All the way through, I was thinking to myself "I sure would like to play through Castlevania: SOTN again"

Advertisement