Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some quick feedback needed...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I don't have time to go through many videos at the moment, but purely looking at the four above I'd go with one of the first two - probably the Cobel v Stev0 one.
    While all four are good matches, the first game of the third is pretty uninteresting and the commentary is mostly made up of stuff that's only funny if you're from the Inferno scene.
    The grand finals with Cobel and Steve is also good, but the match and commentary both feel like a sequel to their Winners Final bout at the top and loses a lot of the excitement of the game if you haven't seen the first bout.

Out of the first two I just found the first game more interesting as it's an unusual matchup, though the mad spree of air throws was great in the Doom v Hound :pac:

On a semi-related note I'm dead impressed with the commentating skills in those videos. Y'all have a shockingly in depth knowledge of a lot of characters potential responses in any given situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Match 1 for me.

Commentators ye've got on mic know their stuff. Would avoid the swearing though - not in a "think of the children" way. I just think it takes away from the commentary. Do I sense bias in third vid too ;)

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Match 1 for me.

Commentators ye've got on mic know their stuff. Would avoid the swearing though - not in a "think of the children" way. I just think it takes away from the commentary. Do I sense bias in third vid too ;)

If you mean the second one, everyone told me it was their fave match of the tournament :)

Nah I enjoy the Doom v Hound vid in terms of matchplay. Definately a good video and one I would also post to Cross Counter.

Not picking on individual commentators but there are a few bleep moments being thrown about (2nd & 3rd vids).

The bias reference is in Hound v Cobelcog (Fei Long v Cammy) but commentators reference it themselves. I suppose if I saw one person win Inferno 28 times in a row, I'd be rooting for someone else and it would be hard to contain :D

Cross Counter may enjoy some of ye're references in 4th vid ;)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Cobelcog actually asked us to hate on him in the commentary for the 3rd video.

My vote is for whichever video makes people laugh (If any) as the level of play is similar across all the videos. Laughs are always appreciated. Don't bleep anything out.. after all, we're all just a bunch of Drunk Irishmen to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Personally I'm always conscious of swearing in videos and think it's something we should try to avoid.

I'd go with Stev0 vs Cobelcog from XVIII or DooM vs Hound from XVIII

Personally I found the commentary in 18 much higher quality I think just because there's more people getting used to it, and comfortable being a little more light hearted or referential (there's a couple of videos with people saying stuff like "If you're new to this youtube channel, you mightn't know Doom is a dirty spamming git" or the like).

I don't mind a little swearing myself, but I'd find a continuous stream of it annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Watched them all again.

Game play wise I gotta go with the aul underdog story, Doom v Hound.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Don't upload me or submit me to cross counter please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Cobels/Stevo for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dwydwy

Cobels vs. Hound.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Farz vs AJ, Battle for Zeus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

After watching Cross-Counter's video relating to this, it's cool to see that their #1 tip for good videos is to buy a Hauppage.
    Great to see Doom has us so far ahead of the curve.

Regarding video recommendations: I'm not sure what to reccomend if all Hound's stuff is off the table. Probably Cobelcog/Stevo. Great match, great commentary, and audible crowd reaction on the mikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i think doom vs farz
    battle for the air throw

Well the general consensus seems to be Cog /Stev0, if both of them are ok with it I am going to use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I don't think Cog would like that. He's very shy.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

lol

Cobelcog wrote: »

lol

lol, I know Hounds shy, you're just being a git :D

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

You can upload any of my matches. :D:D

I personally think the match from the inferno final couple of months ago was better than this last one, but whatever.

You can upload any of my matches. :D:D

I personally think the match from the inferno final couple of months ago was better than this last one, but whatever.

Nah, the recent one has a close (and tbh, a little bit heartbreaking) finish.

Sorry :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The latest one has better commentary too.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Appreciate all the kind words about myself and speedboat's commentary lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

We got a .png for sf.ie and evo.sf.ie that gootecks and ross and throw up on screen during their round ups?

just a simple rectangular banner with our name address and tourny dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i can make one, whats going on? are they assessing an irish video ? when?

Placebo wrote: »

They're giving the public a chance to get their videos seen by their own viewers. They felt that there were some great videos but only getting about 1k in views.
    Finally a big announcement! If you guys out there are producing kickass fighting game videos and are looking to get more views on your videos, post them up on our Facebook wall (http://facebook.com/crosscounter) and if we like them, then we'll put them up on our YouTube channel (http://youtube.com/crosscountertv) which will basically guarantee you more views.

End of this ep:

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Placebo wrote: »

no idea, though doom does want to send one in.

During eps they shout out comps around the US, and have mentioned oz hadou (or whatevers) one, might be a good place to get a shout out considering the evo ticket prize.

Advertisement