Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Headaches

Options
  • 29-05-2011 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys. Off the smokes now for 3 days. Which as a 20 a day for 12 year smoker is pretty much a major feat. I found a full box of in my work trousers this morning and threw them away (go me).

Anyway yesterday afternoon and late last night I woke up with the most intense migraine I have ever experience, I was close to tears and I had to check more than once to see if blood was coming out of my nose. Is it normal to be having these sort of headaches and how long will they last?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Strangely enough I've had the same experience today. I only fully stopped yesterday, it was my first day without smoking any cigarettes in about 12 years. Twenty a day, same as yourself.

So today is only day two but I woke up with a really painful headache today. I don't usually get headaches (without hangovers) but this one was quite bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

they'll pass - it's all part of the withdrawal - use painkillers - panadaol should do the trick to get you through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

That's your body releasing the chemicals and toxins. Welcome the pain, it is your body working hard for you. I'm coming up on three weeks not smoking now and feeling fantastic.

Chin up.

Advertisement