Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneill Psycho wetsuit review

Options
  • 29-05-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I just bought an Oneill psycho II wetsuit and having tried it on in the shop it feel pretty amazing. Trouble is im afraid to put it on in the water because a mate has told me that the double neck doesn't work at all and just lets loads of water flushes in. I bought it in a sale so if i get it salty-wet, there's no going back.

Has anyone else found this to be the case for this wetsuit, or is it as good as it's been tipped to be?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

IMHO the psycho II is the best wetsuit on the market in terms of flexibility and warmth. If the suit is the correct fit you will have no problems with it.

The main issue with the suit is the durability of the knees. They wear out very quickly particularly if you are a longboarder. O'neills warranty is very good though and I had no problem getting mine replaced after a season due to the knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Yeah, the knees went on mine.

They replaced it with a mutant which was warmer.

Two friends of mine had them and they would never buy O'Neills again as they fell apart fairly quickly.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They're good suits and more affordable than the high end Excel and C-Skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 conman78new

I've the Psycho Freak, my first got a rip on the chest. Fault was covered under warranty as was 11 months old. Great suit that is well warm enough and super flexi too. The best wetsuit i've had by miles with regard to comfort, warmth and flexibility. Any of the Psycho range are quality, your mate must be putting it on wrong if he's get the water down the neck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Yeah, the knees went on mine.

They replaced it with a mutant which was warmer.

Two friends of mine had them and they would never buy O'Neills again as they fell apart fairly quickly.

I'm on my fourth and I wouldn't buy anything else. The problem with high performance wetsuits is that they sacrifice durability in favour of lighter more flexible material. Having said that, I've never had an issue with one apart from the knees and that is mostly due to longboarding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭ted1

i've the same problem with the neck dam. Can't see who i can be putting it on wrong. Head goes through the hole and zip it up. I reckon theu cut it to short.

Advertisement