Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childhood Memories

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Dean0088 wrote: »
    A lot of his stuff is very respected today - including the five stages of development which you cast aside in your post.

It was early days for researching psychology. Give the guy a break. It formed the building blocks for modern psychology and is still highly relevant - if a little 'wishy washy'.

He was a competent psychologist, but much of what he wrote was bunk - he mixed gibberish in with the science. The scientific method was very well developed in Freud's era, so I don't think he deserves a break. His work wasn't entirely harmless either - for example, his theory of female sexuality left a generation of women feeling inadequate.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

My sister was a dancer but she got cancer and the doctors said she had two months more. I thought I had time so I got in line for the new Iphone at the apple store. She lay there dying with my father and mother, her very last words were where is my brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

My sister was a dancer but she got cancer and the doctors said she had two months more. I thought I had time so I got in line for the new Iphone at the apple store. She lay there dying with my father and mother, her very last words were where is my brother.

that brought a tear to my eye, downtrodden internet guy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I hear yea. My sisters were maids but they both got aids. :(

Advertisement