Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staffordshire Terriers

• 29-05-2011 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Anyone know of any breeders? And adopting isint really an option, because I have another dog, and I would like the two pups to grow up together...
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I don't know of any breeders but if the only reason you won't adopt is because of age then you can get pups in rescue. I adopted a 9month old staff on Tuesday from EGAR. EGAR also have (I think) a female staff less than a year old in foster.

For dog sake are based in Meath and have staff cross pups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

EGAR would be a great place to start - it is a rescue but pups arrive all the time unfortunately. Staffies are one of the most over bred dogs going. There are so many of all ages in rescue, and so many who don't get the leave the pounds at all. :(

I'm fostering a 1 year old and he's an amazing little fella. Fab with my other dog too.

If adopting is absolutely not an option for you then I know a decent breeder who I can put you in touch with. He does have a waiting list though so it could be a while before he can help you. If you don't use him, then please don't go with a breeder who can supply you immediately. It's not a good sign.

There are so many bad breeders out there so be careful who you buy from. The guy I'm fostering came from a show breeder who dumped him in terrible shape because of a very treatable medical condition which they let get out of hand. So even if they show etc it's not always an indication of a good breeder. I'll send you a PM now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ForzaSaints

Thanks for the replies lads, thanks whispered, il get in touch with him soon!

Advertisement