Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead (RTE pace)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

Even though its quite slow & a bit patchy in places, I must say overall I enjoyed series 1. I hear they have 12 episodes or something for series 2, so I hope they flesh out the characters a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Tonight's episode was pretty intense. I'd probably say it was my favorite so far actually.

The
    old folks home/gang
    bit was brilliant! Nice little twist there.

Can't wait to see the next one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It's a great show. Lovin' it :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Tonight's episode was pretty intense. I'd probably say it was my favorite so far actually.

The
    old folks home/gang
    bit was brilliant! Nice little twist there.

Can't wait to see the next one

that was the highlight of the whole series for me.

ive gotten SO used to
    racial clichese
    like that that when it turned out to be
    just a bunch of nurses and family members looking out for the elderly instead of a bucn of "boyze in the hood"
    it came completly out of the blue to me.

really, really nice twist that left me with a smile on my face.

left me with a smile on my face.

I was the exact same :D

Rick's reaction afterwards was fúcking priceless
    "You are the biggest dumbass I've ever met" or something to that effect. Made me laugh out loud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Spoiler tags needed?
    Did anyone think meryl had driven a van load of walkers back to the camp as revenge?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Spoiler tags needed?
    Did anyone think meryl had driven a van load of walkers back to the camp as revenge?

Woah! I hadn't thought about that. Interesting idea though. At the moment I don't think it's the case though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

mloc123 wrote: »
    Spoiler tags needed?

Interesting idea but I'd doubt any vehicle would have got that close to the camp without anyone hearing them, ya never know though, there is a possibilty anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Oh I defo thought Meryl had something to do with that! It was a bit too strange the way so many walkers turned up out of the blue like that in the middle of nowhere

There was one walker up there recently. It would be very hard and stupid for one human to fill a van with what looked like about 10 Z's.

I suppose we have to wait and find out.

also, where the graves we're been dug, why didnt the group make camp up there, from what I remember it has a better location, its more elevated and has better lines of sights. Down at the camp they are only a few feet away from thick bushes and trees and it would be near impossible to see Z's coming in the dark.

Just an observation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭RichT

28 Days Later is one of my favourite films, so I had to give this a go and I'm enjoying it

One thing puzzling me though :confused:

Have I missed something? I don't remember at any time there being any reference as to why The Zombies are .... well Zombies. In 28DL we know right from the start the RAGE VIRUS is the cause for all the Zombieness.

In the first episode, when Rick meets Lennie James's character, his son and a shovel, there are Zombies walking around the streets and unless I missed it, at no time did Rick ask "Why/How are there Zombies walking around the streets?"

RichT wrote: »
    28 Days Later is one of my favourite films, so I had to give this a go and I'm enjoying it

Have I missed something? I don't remember at any time there being any reference as to why The Zombies are .... well Zombies. In 28DL we know right from the start the RAGE VIRUS is the cause for all the Zombieness.

In the first episode, when Rick meets Lennie James's character, his son and a shovel, there are Zombies walking around the streets and unless I missed it, at no time did Rick ask "Why/How are there Zombies walking around the streets?"

I've also noticed this. There has not yet been any explantion as to why there is a load of Z's walking around the city, one thing that is off putting that they have not bothered to explain it either.

Or was there a scene in the house after he is taking in where the guy explains he doesnt know what happened?

Seriously confused, might hae to re-watch the 1st episode. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭RichT

gavredking wrote: »
    I've also noticed this. There has not yet been any explantion as to why there is a load of Z's walking around the city, one thing that is off putting that they have not bothered to explain it either.

Call me inquisitive/nosy but it would be pretty high up on my list of questions after waking up from a coma......probably the very next question after "How did Chelsea get on?"

Call me inquisitive/nosy but it would be pretty high up on my list of questions after waking up from a coma......probably the very next question after "How did Chelsea get on?"

It would be up there alright, I mean I'd like to know what I've just woke upto really and what i was facing.

Another thing i was pondering after the other nights episode is one of the nurses got shot with an arrow, now hes been shooting Z's with them arrows, what are the chances of the guy he shot getting infected, if we assume hes been shot with an arrow thats been used on a Z?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭brian_t

Apparently there are two slightly different versions of The Walking Dead. A US version and a European one. I wonder which one RTE is showing.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/series.php?TID=5087

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i cant remember if he asked but im pretty sure the guys he met didnt know either so there wouldnt have been an explanation from them anyway.

theyve really been playing it like dawn of the dead/28 days later where your just fecked into the middle of things on street and have to deal.

you notice theres a real lack of "science nerd" or military types to pipe up with an explanation.

the last episode IIRC goes into detail about
    how the zombie process works
    but i dont recall if they say where it comes from at all
    beyond being some virus/plague thats our "extinction level event". basically our version of what happened with the dinosaurs so they leave it open to the viewer as to whether its natural or man made

on the
    merle bringing up the zombies for revenge
    thing.

yeah i was thinking that myself, but then again we did see the one that took out the deer daryl was hunting which came with the explanation that the zombies in the city are running out of food and foraging further a field.

TBH one of the things that bugs me is why the hell they wouldnt seek out the most defendable postion possible KNOWING whats out there. sleeping in tents is nuts when they couldve stolen some caravans to hole up in instead.

hell sleeping in the boat in the middle of the lake wouldve been safer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

When the two sisters were staring into each others eyes at the end after one had been bitten i was expecting the bitten one to suddenly turn into a zombie and start to eat her sister!

Degag wrote: »
    When the two sisters were staring into each others eyes at the end after one had been bitten i was expecting the bitten one to suddenly turn into a zombie and start to eat her sister!

Same. I'm glad that didn't happen though, as it's such a cliche. It would spoil it a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

She does have to zombify, though. It's only a question of when...

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Same. I'm glad that didn't happen though, as it's such a cliche. It would spoil it a bit.
    No, the cliche is them looking into eachothers eyes and crying etc. I wouldn't call a sister ripping another sister's throat out a cliche!:pac:

• Advertisement

She does have to zombify, though. It's only a question of when...
    DP but i imagine they'll shoot her in the head even if sis won't be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Wow really getting into this!
    Was that episode the last in the series?

Second last one - next week is the last :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

one more to come in this season.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If it wasn't for zombie/viral apocalypse films, I'd never know where the CDC was. As soon as I heard Atlanta, I thought we'd end up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

The reason for this is that except for a few notable exceptions (28 days later et al but they are not technically zombie movies) the cause of a zombie outbreak is never explicitly stated in films. This is an unwritten rule in the zombie (film) genre that is a nod to the original zombie movie Night of the Living Dead where many ideas were proposed but no definite answer was provided as to the cause.

The reason for this is that except for a few notable exceptions (28 days later et al but they are not technically zombie movies) the cause of a zombie outbreak is never explicitly stated in films. This is an unwritten rule in the zombie (film) genre that is a nod to the original zombie movie Night of the Living Dead where many ideas were proposed but no definite answer was provided as to the cause.

Nice edit - I was going to point out that the guys running around like mad 'uns in 28DL had a virus (ie, not zombies) :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Really loving this, cant understand why people said it weakened after the first episode. They have all been excellent.

When does S2 start and what channel will show it on Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Melion wrote: »
    Really loving this, cant understand why people said it weakened after the first episode. They have all been excellent.

When does S2 start and what channel will show it on Sky?

Yeah, I was waiting for it to get a bit weak as well but it certainly hasn't for me neither. I thinks its class. Done a wiki on it earlier and the 2nd season (13 episodes :)) begins in October. What channel I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

FX had the contract for S1 so I'm assuming they'll have S2. Haven't heard different.

Advertisement