Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead (RTE pace)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Melion wrote: »
    Really loving this, cant understand why people said it weakened after the first episode. They have all been excellent.

When does S2 start and what channel will show it on Sky?

The people most down on it from the other thread are likely people like me who have read the comic and have found this wanting in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Last nights episode was absolutely excellent. More personal and moving. And I thought it brought the cast out really well. They're not all just guns and one liners. The emotions looked real.

Loved the CDC bit at the end. Can't wait for the last episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

posted on after hours but was moved. any one else watching it? on paper it sounds gick but its a deadly show,great story lines. im loving it............and its not something i'd usually be in to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

One of the most horrendously overrated shows I've ever had the mispleasure of watching. Characters aren't allowed to develop outside of pre-established archetypes such as 'selfish b*tch of a wife' and 'racist redneck' and 'jive talking ghetto ganster T-Dawg dude'.

You get the impression when watching that there was no set path for the series beyond what was conceived for the first episode. Like they made it all up as they went along, realised they introduced too many uninteresting, ancillary characters, and killed them off.

I know it was a short season but then so was Breaking Bad's first season, and that had a definite sense of purpose and direction right from the get go

I've no idea what that word 'gick' means btw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Mindkiller wrote: »
    One of the most horrendously overrated shows I've ever had the mispleasure of watching. Characters aren't allowed to develop outside of pre-established archetypes such as 'selfish b*tch of a wife' and 'racist redneck' and 'jive talking ghetto ganster T-Dawg dude'.

You get the impression when watching that there was no set path for the series beyond what was conceived for the first episode. Like they made it all up as they went along, realised they introduced too many uninteresting, ancillary characters, and killed them off.

I know it was a short season but then so was Breaking Bad's first season, and that had a definite sense of purpose and direction right from the get go

I've no idea what that word 'gick' means btw

Well said mate!...never mind the fact Rick was kept alive to create a love triangle/drama plot going :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Well said mate!...never mind the fact Rick was kept alive to create a love triangle/drama plot going :mad:
    Ahem I think you might have meant Shane instead of Rick. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Well that was an ending,not sure if I'm happy or not.
    Really want to know what Jenner said to Rick as he left.

I'll definietly tune in for series two though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Pffft, it was good but not great. Defo want a second series, but it better pick up a bit. And where can it go from here? France?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

In the flashback at the start of last night's episode, why did the soldiers execute the hospital staff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

endakenny wrote: »
    In the flashback at the start of last night's episode, why did the soldiers execute the hospital staff?

Trying to contain outbreak? Soldiers were in full protective gear unlike the staff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

smcgiff wrote: »
    Trying to contain outbreak? Soldiers were in full protective gear unlike the staff
    Good point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

In such a situation best practice is to neutralise everything. For the greater good.
    You leave one person off and you put millions at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

This is just about the only thing ive been watching consistently on Tv over the last few weeks when its been on RTE.I enjoyed it alot and cant wait for the next season.
    Theres a few similarities to the show Prison Break.Not just the fact that one of the main characters was also in Prison Break but they way it talks about humanity,the way they are always running,hiding etc and when they seem to have something sorted something goes wrong etc.
    Was an ad for Season 2 of it last night on FX saying its coming "soon",probably September i assume then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Season 2 will premier on AMC sometime in October 2011, most likely the last week of October, close to Hallwe'en. 13 episodes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'd already seen the show before it came to terrestrial TV, but I think (for once) props should go to RTÉ for not only broadcasting what is a very visceral / violent show, but broadcasting it at a reasonable hour in the evening so people could actually watch it (as opposed to hiding it in the late-night graveyard slots).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

smcgiff wrote: »

thats the feeling i got too.

like this was just when the outbreak happened and no one has a ****ing clue what caused it or how you caught it (for some bizarre reason this reminded me of growing up in the 80s when AIDs broke onto the scene and people thought you could get it from kissing and the like . you should see some of the TV ads from back then.)

you notice the military are just blazing away.

no head shots except the odd incidental one.

it looks to me like they were told to just take out everyone that wasnt in one of those suits.

this also explains why shane hided behind ricks bed when the soldier comes in to sweep the area.

i have to say that hospital scene has me chomping at the bit for some more flashbacks to that time to see how the authorites acted during the crisis.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

[...]

i have to say that hospital scene has me chomping at the bit for some more flashbacks to that time to see how the authorites acted during the crisis.

Me too, and considering that Season 2 will be a full & proper season (of 13 episodes iirc), I wouldn't be surprised if some flashback scenes during the infection were used to pad out the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

I really liked this.

Whats the bet that he whispered that
    shes pregnant from the blood test at the end!

What was the the big pink hand thing at the hospital in the first episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭QDog10

Watched episode 6 last night.. Hopefully things will kick on abit in season 2 as found last couple of episodes quite boring. Had a good laugh last night however at the doctor in the facility. He looked like he had just had a haircut .. Unlikely in downtown Atlanta given the goings on.. Anyway looking forward to season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭cgcsb

the first ep of season 2 starts in the US Sunday week. Can't wait to catch it online, does anyone know when season two will appear on RTÉ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

cgcsb wrote: »
    the first ep of season 2 starts in the US Sunday week. Can't wait to catch it online, does anyone know when season two will appear on RTÉ?

Next Year. :(

It'll be on FX over here next month though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Next Year. :(

It'll be on FX over here next month though.
    well the wd season 2 will be split up into two bits, first seven episodes starting on the 16th oct ending around start of december. then hiatus of 10 weeks and starting back in feb again,whats the bets rte will air wd season 2 in ireland when the second part of season is airing in us :( so long away ah well i'll just get them on sidereel great site :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Any news on when RTE start season 2 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

well back in october it said itd be back on RTE early in 2012, so id say if thats still the case id say March April or May, probably April

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1018/walkingdead.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭brian_t

ghosttown wrote: »
    Any news on when RTE start season 2 ?

No air date but they have confirmed that they will be showing it.

It will start on Channel 5 in April. Apparently they are not allowed to show it before then so it is probably the same for RTE.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

RTE are showing the walking dead and not breaking bad ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

jcf wrote: »
    RTE are showing the walking dead and not breaking bad ???
    pretty much yeah, no-one is showing BB its not just an RTE thing, a lot of people find it very very odd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

don ramo wrote: »
    pretty much yeah, no-one is showing BB its not just an RTE thing, a lot of people find it very very odd
    Not really when you consider TV is about selling advertising.
    Advertiser: Hey, we'd like to buy some ad space on one of your edgy new US imports.

RTE Sales: Well we're thinking of getting this new show called Breaking Bad. It's about a teacher who becomes a drug dealer.

Advertiser: Okaaaay, so I guess the show focuses on the cops putting him out of business and showing how drugs are bad?

RTE Sales: Well.......no......not really. He's kind of the hero of the show and it's about all the close calls and general drama of becoming a drug dealer even though he's not ideally suited to it.

Advertiser: But he comes to his senses and realises he's on an incredibly destructive path and reforms his wicked ways? Right?

RTE Sales: Er.....no.......actually he kind of really gets to enjoy being a drug dealer.

Advertiser:........pause........hmmm.....how about I just buy a slot during Grey's Anatomy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Not really when you consider TV is about selling advertising.

They could show Nurofen Plus ads. :D

Advertisement