Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC HD Sound

• 29-05-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else finding the HD channels on 'other channels' both ITV and BBC on their Sky box are not in 5.1 but in 2.0.. I noticed this last night with the football and the same today with the F1, previously they were full Dolby 5.1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

as far as i know bbc hd never has sport in 5.1 only 2.0 dolby digital

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

sky23 wrote: »
    as far as i know bbc hd never has sport in 5.1 only 2.0 dolby digital

BBChd Wimbledon, Championship football, World Cup, athletics championships in Barcelona all in 5.1 off the top of my head.

Itv is 2.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

evilivor wrote: »
    BBChd Wimbledon, Championship football, World Cup, athletics championships in Barcelona all in 5.1 off the top of my head.

Itv is 2.0

F1 replay on BBC hd now is 5.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

F1 replay on BBC hd now is 5.1.

It's not on my Sky HD box ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

AFAIK, one of the main 'ads' on BBC HD was for Jools Holland, and in particular how they recorded specifically for 5.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Not every programme on BBC is in 5.1 but they are there.

As for itv it has never had 5.1, in fact some itv regions don't even have 2.0 DD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Yeh, as I've started to look at this I've noticed some are and some aren't... thanks.

Advertisement