Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone home BB signal losing strength.

• 29-05-2011 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have moved home and we have Vodafone BB in the house. The router is downstairs but when I use my laptop upstairs the signal is weak. The signal really should not change like this, since it is good quality wireless BB. Anyone know if there might be something causing this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

DeadMoney wrote: »
    Hi, I have moved home and we have Vodafone BB in the house. The router is downstairs but when I use my laptop upstairs the signal is weak. The signal really should not change like this, since it is good quality wireless BB. Anyone know if there might be something causing this?

Thanks

First thing to check is what Channel your router is using and if there are any wifi networks nearby which could be using a conflicting channel. use InSSIDer to check this.
    Thicker floors/walls etc. can degrade wifi signal quite a lot also.

Advertisement