Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backup generator

• 29-05-2011 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭

What is the smallest practical automatic start backup generator that can be got does anybody know?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

No idea, but my friend has a 16kVA single phase genny that has an auto change over panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I have also seen 10kVA generators with electric start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yea it was someone wanted a 2.5kw autostart one, not that kw would be the accurate way to describe a generator. But i told him its not going to be available for something that small. So i was wondering what the smallest one actually was that anyone knows of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Jaysus people are mad for d'oul generators. People preparing for Ireland defaulting and rolling blackouts or the Rapture although that has been postponed? God wants to see how Ireland gets out of this one before he winds this place up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I was just thinking that earlier, when i seen the other generator thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement