Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartphone's on 3.Guidence please?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

It's definitely the network. Easily verified by popping in a competitors sim and noticing all the problems go away.

Yes some people say it doesn't affect them. This could be because of:
    a) They might be lucky to live in an area with excellent 3g, and have no problems with thick walls etc.
    b) They don't use various software that leaves a "half-open socket", which is software trick used for push-email and other stuff (gmail and gtalk use this I think). This is as opposed to a pull-email that doesnt leave the tcp connection always-open.
    c) 3 might have fixed their network in that area.

But there are still lots of people complaining about this issue on the 3 forum, so noone can guarantee that you will not experience this. The infuriating thing is that no 3 spokesperson will even acknowledge that there is a problem.

Actually, the problems with 3 seem to be getting worse (judging by irate threads on the talk to 3 forum). People are reporting voice call problems as well (I never experienced this myself). 3 are indeed the cheapest network with the best offers, so many people are joining them. This is putting increasing strain on their already problematic network.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

angel01 wrote: »
    I have a Galaxy S on android and that never happened to me. I have never touched airplane mode and have no issue switching between the two fine...

Same here, switches between 2G and 3G no problems (using Galaxy S also)

Well when I was with 3 my HTC Desire would switch from 2g to 3g no problem. A big fat 3g icon and 5 bars of signal. But internet wouldn't work :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Was in Carphone Warehouse in Tralee yesterday. Was hoping to look at Windows 7 in action but they had none on demo.Did get a chance to play with a Samsung Galaxy S.Both my partner & I were impressed with that. She is an Iphone user & is tired with everything having to go through I Tunes.
    Will be in Cork next weekend so hoping to have a look at the Galaxy S 2.

Had a friend around last night & he has a HTC Desire HD. Nice looking phone but it kept rebooting about every hour ? Seems to be a problem which no one seems to have an answer for ?
    Some say its a battery problem,others say the sim card can come lose. I read on one forum that one owner upgraded the radio on the phone & has had no problems since. That part I definitely don't understand :confused: Maybe someone can enlighten me ?

• Advertisement

Sounds similar to a problem with the original Desire. Hardware fault made it keep rebooting. Get it replaced.

Thats what I told him.He's a business man & has the contract with E Mobile which is owned by Meteor I think.
    It was a nice phone but I found it was very easy to press the buttons on the side by accident just by holding it.

Advertisement